Pizza pop! is a rather unknown japanese platformer about a pizza delivery boy who has to deliver pizza to different customers. The game is very simple, but it's short and has pretty nice music and graphics.
- Emulator used: FCEU 0.98.28 (the submitted movie file is an .fm2 that synchs with FCEUX.) Use the old PPU. If you want to watch the original .fcm you can find it here.
- Aims for highest score on bonus games.
- Aims for fastest possible time.
- Takes damage to save time.
- Genre: Platform
The reason I aim for highest score on the bonus games is because if I were to aim for fastest time no matter what, I have to miss every pizza to avoid the score count down at the end of the bonus level. I think this would make the run look less entertaining, so I chose to play these bonus levels, and get the highest score possible.
The rerecord count is slightly wrong because I did some editing with TAS movie editor. It should be around 7000, I think. The game is easy to TAS, and lua scripting and memory watching made things even easier for me.
Comments on the run:
- When jumping, you stop for 1 frame before landing.
- When landing on an enemy, you stop for 1 frame.
- There is only one jump height in this game, which makes parts of this run look sloppy. On the other hand, it makes the game easier to TAS.
- The reason why I deplete my health before the end of a level (except for level 1: it's slower to do that on this level) is because each heart gives you an additional 500 score at the end of the level, and 500 score takes 30 frames to count down at the end of the level. I deplete my health on bosses, because here it usually doesn't waste any time.
- When I pick up the key in the ghost level, there is an invisible platform below it that I jump on. It doesn't save any time, but I think it looks nice.
- Bumping into the wall, like I do on the last level, doesn't set your speed to 0 like in most games. So as as soon as you start moving again after having pushed against the wall, you will move at top speed.
- There is no randomness or lag in this game as far as I know.
- I can't reach the trampoline on level 2 on the first jump, so I have to land and jump on the enemy again.
- I can't reach the moving hook on level 3 during its first cycle, that's why I have to wait for it to come around again.
- Jumping on the last boss doesn't hurt him, and neither does hitting him with your shovel. I only did this because I thought it looked nice.
I won't feel sad if this doesn't get published, since I mostly did this for my own enjoyment. Hopefully at least one other person is entertained by this run. Either way, I think this game deserves its chance in the workbench.
Enjoy the run and the funny graphics of this game! (My personal favourite is the dog boss fight - that dog sure looks crazy)
mmbossman: Accepting this pizza-loving movie for publication.
Flygon: Processing, time to find out if this new RAM is worth it