Although this game is very linear it's still a fun TAS to have done.
- Goal: Shortest completion time with bad ending - difficulty level 2
I spend a whole lot more time on this TAS than on the previous one, I hope it shows. I managed to cut about 10 seconds of the previous (canceled submission)
Emulator used: openMSX 0.8.1
MSX model used: Panasonic FS-A1WSX
- Stage 01: Make sure you catch all the fish before entering the shop @ 483 - Gamble to buy needed items. I could have saved time by just getting 4x multiplier but I decided to go for the max amount of fish.
- Stage 01: Enter Warp @ 237
- Stage 06: Enter Warp @ 145
- Stage 09: Enter Warp @ 335
- Stage 12: Enter Santa's Cave @ 181 get the document fight the dragon - make sure you end up on a number that ends in 9 7 5 3 1 or 0, otherwise you get litle dancing penguins which takes up a lot of time.
- Stage 13: Enter Warp @ 355
- Stage 15: Enter Warp @ 078
- Stage 18: Enter Warp @ 418
- Stage 24: Enter Shop @ 587 buy the document and fight the dragon (aiming for 8 penguins) - 8 penguins to end :)
Special thanks to Heisanevilgenius for providing excellent feedback. Enjoy this MSX TAS.
DarkKobold: In general, autoscrollers make for very boring TASes. There is very little that can be done to spice them up. While this game is not specifically an autoscroller, once the penguin hits top speed, their is little to differentiate it from a standard autoscroller. After considering the opinions posted in this thread and the previous one, even people who had played the game in the past, found this a poor game to TAS. The levels are repetitive, the action is questionable, and there is only a single boss, which is repeated twice. While the TAS was well done, the audience doesn't seem to see this as a publishable game.