Goals -Aims for Fastest time
-Uses Damage to Save Time
-Uses programmer errors/glitches
-Plays on hardest difficulty
-One Level Only
Emulator Used: SNES9X v 1.53
Cancelled due to it can be improved and completed:
FractalFusion- I've watched the run a couple times and tried out a few things. There is definitely a lot of room for improvement in the first level you did (which is actually Mission 2).
- Keep jumps as short as possible. Just by tapping B for one frame, the character does a short jump. The less you press B, the shorter the jump.
- You can take damage to speed things up so you don't have to slow down for everything. I noticed you end the level with a lot of health.
- You can jump continuously to climb up a chain quickly.
- Try not to let things slow you down. Shoot enemies quickly, or avoid them, maybe by jumping over them. Take short routes if you can.
- I noticed one section where you flip the two switches in the opposite order that you come across them.
If you can somehow get this level down to 6 minutes (rather than 8), then I'd project the final time to be more like 30 minutes as opposed to 40, and I guarantee the level which you did here will look a lot better. There isn't any point to doing one level only as a submission because it simply isn't complete, so the whole thing should be done before it is submitted.
You can start a new thread in the SNES Forum for this game, if you like feedback on your WIPs.
Anyway, Snes9x v1.52-rr and v1.53 aren't tested well, since most people use either v1.43 or v1.51. I suggest using v1.51, but you can do whatever you like.