About the run
- Emulator used: lsnes rr1-Δ10
- Bsnes core version used: v085 compat
- ROM SHA256: df02d0f4f40e2732138309d38e91b48aef482490979007ecb63359a35115dfd4
- Aims for fastest time.
- Does not rescue all mice.
- Takes damage to save time.
- Abuses death to save time.
- Final time: 22:42.873 (81,907 frames)
- Final rerecord count: 23725
- Recommended dump parameters, 256x224@10738636/178683fps, 103,775 frames.
Comments about run.
This run is 2677 frames (about 44.55 seconds) faster than the published run (SNES Speedy Gonzales: Los Gatos Bandidos by Ilari in 23:27.42).
The difference is due to:
- Using attack while jumping
- Lag reduction
- Sink to floor glitch
Attack while jumping
If one hits attack while jumping, Speedy gains few extra pixels of height. In many situations this makes all the difference if something saving lots of time is possible or not and often lets one save couple of frames.
Sink to floor glitch
This was discovered by Zeupar
By falling off certain ledges (the ledge must be short) and then hitting attack upon landing, Speedy sinks into floor. Unfortunately, places this is possible are very rare, and only one place where this is useful is known.
Sleepy Rock, part 1
- Somehow I manage to clip to end of hill, forcing Speedy to ground.
- I use sink to floor glitch in order to glitch through wall. Saves about 1.2 seconds.
Surely Wood, part 3
- First real application of attack while jumping: Reaching that branch. Saves about 5 seconds.
Fiesta City, part 2
- More attack while jumping: Going over that barrier. Saves about 1.6 seconds.
Ancient Keep, part 1
- Going over that barrier creates some nasty luck here. Costs about 1.2 seconds. But in the end, it was worth it.
Ancient Keep, part 2
- One can skip grabbing those things by attacking. Carefully aimed jump lets one skip the crusher without waiting. Saves several seconds.
Galatical Galaxies, part 2
- Attack while jumping lets one skip the final forcefield, not having to open it. Saves over 30 seconds.
- It is faster to die than to wait for the barrier to dissipate.
Ye Olde Bounty, part 3
- One can jump to ledge instead of having to wait for plank to launch Speedy. Saves over a second.
Nach: Nice improvement to a nice run, accepting.