This is an improvement over my other Nightfire run, seen here: http://tasvideos.org/3695S.html
Well, finally after about a year, I got motivated enough to give Nightfire another shot. I'm sort of disappointed from my first TAS because I did not optimize everything as much as I should have. But thanks to aleckermit, he and I tackled this game and pushed it to it's limits. The goal of this TAS is to get through the game as fast as possible. Thanks to the new clipping technique, we were able to shed off a lot of time from the old run.
I would also like to give a lot of credit to TheVeman3000 and Lo1ts for finding out about the clipping tricks that made the run even better.
Here are some notes on the run (some of them are the same as before) :
- This run uses a new clipping technique found by the two I mentioned above. Info on that can be found here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tKbKej1mkRs
- Walking straight and strafing at the same time is faster than walking forward
- played on hardest difficulty.
- took damage to save time.
- The instances where i use the Decryptor are when I cannot open the door any other way.
aleckermit did Enemies Vanquished, Island Infiltration, and Equinox. I did the rest of the levels.
As a side note, loading times in between levels are faster on the emulator than the actual GC console.
aleckermit also wanted to mention that Island Infiltration was the worst thing he's ever been through in his life. :)
Here's the encode: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t2LrhpQWdQw
Also, make sure you use Dolphin 3.5 - 1060, or it will not sync (as well as unchecking Dual Core and Idle Skipping)
That's it! Hope you enjoy!