In this final installment of the famous Phantasy Star series, the protagonist, while out on a routine assignment, uncovers evidence pointing to a sinister threat to the entire solar system. One thing leads to another and he and the rest of his party eventually find themselves fighting the root of all evil. Such a quest would normally take at least ten hours, but with copious amounts of luck manipulation, it can be reduced to just under an hour and a half.
Yes, I'm back with a vengeance! While I was doing the other PS IV speedruns, I noticed that the silver tusk gave quite an advantage against monsters of evil (i.e. most of them). So I tried a first test and save 5600 frames. I also tried to let Chaz live so he could fight Profound Darkness with a higher level; that was worth it too. Here are the major changes
- Igglanova: Tristal suggested that I paralyze Igglanova so it wouldn't spawn... and it worked! -513 frames (setting the appropriate macro took about 120 frames)
- Shadowblade: Tristal suggested that Hahn and Alys be killed immediatly. -146 frames
- Juza: Gryz' animation is much shorter than Alys' and her Vortex. -301 frames
- Gy-Laguiah: I couldn't get Chaz to do decent damage with tsu. +76 frames
- Zio: I got luckier on that fight, despite Rika's failure (which was compensated by Demi's high attack). -110 frames
- Chaos Sorcerer: Rika was able to attack first! -4 frames
- DF I: I was luckier during that fight. -81 frames
After that, I had to get the Silver Tusk, so it was a detour. +2444 frames when arriving in Meese
- Xe-la-thoul: Not only did I use the Silver Tusk, but I remembered that using macros save frames (so I killed the 3rd one first so the others could be taken care of with macros). -1771 frames
- Lashiec: Rika was so strong that I needed healing only twice. -1438 frames (I also saved frames against Specter, but I didn't calculate it)
- DF II: We were so strong that we didn't need to heal. -1711 frames
- DF III: It's still long and tedious, but less so. -1098 frames
- Tower of Force: I don't need to use double slash after all. -63 frames
- Tower of Courage: I needed Chaz to stay alive (15-20 frames each time he is idle), so it was bound to be longer. +318 frames
- PD I: Chaz was swinging his sword like crazy. -174 frames
- PD II: I missed less since Chaz was at level 14. -390 frames
- PD III: I was able to finish it in less than 10k frames. -2104 frames
Total save: 6498 frames. Possible improvement: better luck manipulation against Gy-Laguiah for sure
Frame suggestion: 10500, when paralyzing Igglanova
FractalFusion: Added Youtube module.
feos: Accepting and publishing this improvement.