Daffy once again glitches through the cosmos to stop Marvin the Martian from destroying the Earth.
About the run
- Takes damage to save time
- Major skip glitch
- Heavy glitch abuse
- Genre: Action
- Genre: Platform
Used emulator: BizHawk 1.8.3 (svn 7884)
Comments by Mugg
This is an improvement of 1742 frames (28.63 seconds) over the previous run.
After I finished the previous run, I had already known about a timesaver. Scepheo picked the game up and found other improvements along the way, but was stuck at the last boss because the ceiling laser would block Daffy's shots. I eventually came up with a strat to make it work without a timeloss and I found that you could trigger the ending by going offscreen to the right in the very last room and touching a glitch tile there.
Note that Bizhawk had added extra lag throughout the movie. Scepheo wanted to list the exact difference between the two runs (the old run and this one), but he seemed to have become inactive and didn't show up for a long time. We had agreed that he would submit the run but because of him being absent for so long and because I wanted to release this run, I decided to submit it today.
The game was played in GB mode instead of SGB mode since Bizhawk doesn't support SGB mode (apparently).
- frame 390: There is additional lag that Bizhawk emulated at the title screen.
- frame 3220: It was possible to use the glitch tile on the left side to go to the next room. (You need to touch it while moving to the right, so it wasn't initially found)
- frame 3315: Instead of flying on the plate and playing this room normally, it is skipped by hovering to the right side of the room. The game would empty your jetpack fuel automatically, but you can use an ingame code to refill it on the pause screen and then hover for 1 frame before it is emptied again. (Note: When I first played picked up this game, I considered the ingame codes like cheat codes and neglected to use them. But they can also be considered as part of the gameplay since using them detracts 10 points from the score (at the bottom of the screen) and they don't really cause anything so special to happen other than changing weapons and refilling health or fuel.)
- frame 3900: This is the boss fight Scepheo was having trouble with because the ceiling laser would prevent you from shooting the device on the bottom right. I came up with a strategy to do this fight without losing time.
- frame 5300: Instead of killing Marvin, I found that you could go offscreen to the right and touch a glitch block to trigger the credits. I'm not sure if this was possible in VBA or in SGB mode..
Noxxa: I'm allowing the use of the in-game codes in this game, deeming them as intended for normal playing use, as they are described as such in the game's manual, as posted here. Accepting as an improvement to the published movie.
Spikestuff: Poor thing, being neglected. Let's get this thing published.