- Aims for shortest input
- Uses BizHawk 2.2 for console verification purposes (the originally made movie is available for FCEUX 2.2.3)
- Ends the game as soon as possible (within the shortest input length)
- Uses warps
- Manipulates level 1 music
- Manipulates game
Battletoads in 2k17 lül
This movie improves the previous NES Battletoads "game end glitch" by MESHUGGAH, feos in 00:56.51 by 51 frames thanks to:
- In the more accurate NesHawk core is 1 frame faster (missing 1 lag frame compared to FCEUX 2.2.3)
- Koh1fds' discovery of using the void jump trick
- feos' tools and his great summary of the game end glitch
This TAS makes better use of P2's pad to delay the game over screen (which manipulated initially) while the game executes and loads the final ending screen. For more informations, take a look at the previous movie's submission text: #5162: MESHUGGAH, feos's NES Battletoads "game end glitch" in 00:56.51 and #3983: MESHUGGAH, feos's NES Battletoads "Glitched" in 00:56.76 and also our game resource page.
- Starting the game faster
- Finishing level 1 faster
- Finishing rats faster
Might be possible improvements
- Reducing payload's effect (time required to wait until our execution done) with sub frame input
Masterjun: Oh man, saving even more frames!
Masterjun: Nice improvement. I had some questions about the particular ending, but thanks to clarifying by feos (and also MESHUGGAH) those have been answered.
Accepting as an improvement to the previous run.