This run uses the fastest vault code to input (B4EGLMAI, which belongs to any password starting with "R"). Also, a new route was chosen, i found some shortcuts and fuwafuwa pointed some mistakes, so here it is, gauntlet improved.
- Emulator used: fceu-0.98.12-blip.win
- Aims for fastest completion
- Manipulates luck
- Abuses programming errors
- Skips the hint rooms
- Low level completion (only leveled up once)
I didnt go to the bomb room in world 2 this time, because i found out that fights are highly manipulatable, that means its possible to directly fight enemies without losing health. This was usefull to go through the last room with only 3 bombs, which were used mostly to deal with lag.
I also killed a lot of enemies during levels to remove lag, which improved 1 or 2 seconds on those levels.
The only powerup that i didn't take was the shield, because it wasn't anywhere in my route and it's not a needed item.
I run through enemies, its a bug. If the hero and an enemy move to the same square at the same time, they will be in the same position, so it's possible to move right through him. This works for all types of enemies (including deaths and acid puddles), i only couldn't get it to work on the moveable walls, so i push them around.
Explanation on the power ups:
- Extra Shot Power
- trying to kill the dragon without this takes really long.
- Extra Fight Power
- it was in the way, lucky me
- Extra Speed
- it wasnt too much out of the way, and it was in world 2, which is early in the game, so this was mandatory.
- Extra Magic Power
- 3 seconds dedicated to grabbing it, so that my potions become a lot stronger.
I manipulated the exits placement on the treasure rooms by entering the level on the exact frame so that the exits were close to the starting point.
Special thanks go to melvinwang for his walkthrough faq, fuwafuwa for pointing out some mistakes and TurboC for his password cracking faq