Submission Text Full Submission Page
Whew! Finally, here's my Gremlins 2 timeattack. Gremlins 2 is a top-down action game that is very difficult, and it features some nice music.
I disliked the excessive jumping in the previous movie, so I tried to jump as little as possible in this run. This way, you can enjoy the music of the game.
I used FCEU because I hate Famtasia, and I really love the single-frame advancement of FCEU. You might notice the extreme amount of "twitching", this is because almost the whole movie was done frame-by-frame (yeah, suicide, isn't it?), and it doesn't slow it down. I know some people find this annoying, but meh, it's fun. :)
This timeattack is 33 seconds faster than the previous version, due to various optimizations in many places, sometimes involving taking damage.
The "p" item I buy in the store is a weapon upgrade; the bosses can be killed MUCH faster with it than without. This is also why I have to collect those three crystal balls.
Aims for fastest possible time, takes damage to save time, falls into a pit once to save time. No passwords or warps (there are no warps). I would have abused some programming errors, but I don't know of any. :)

Bisqwit: Processing. ...done

TASVideoAgent
They/Them
Experienced Forum User, Moderator
This topic is for the purpose of discussing #389: Blublu's NES Gremlins 2 in 07:22.42
Experienced Forum User, Player (12)
Excellent work. I found the twitching a tad annoying, but better than the jumping in the last movie. *gives thumbs-up sign* -Josh
but then you take my 75 perchance chance of winning, if we was to go one-on-one, and then add 66 and two-thirds ch...percents...i got a 141 and two-thirds chance of winning at sacrifice
Active player, Editor, Experienced Forum User (287)
Yes, certainly the smaller one of those two evils...
Post subject: Movie published
TASVideoAgent
They/Them
Experienced Forum User, Moderator
This movie has been published. The posts before this message apply to the submission, and posts after this message apply to the published movie. ---- [225] NES Gremlins 2: The New Batch by Blublu in 07:22.42
Experienced Forum User
Active player, Experienced Forum User (446)
Computer TASer of 2014First edition TAS of 2014Computer TAS of 2014
"An artist who can’t take constructive critique on their work is only hurting themselves and their potential. Conversely, and artist that can’t communicate a critique in a constructive way isn’t helping anybody."