This is my "all items" run of The Legend of Zelda. I collected every item in this game which cannot be lost, spent or anything else. So actually I didn't pick up every item possible. And I just need to collect the strongest item, if some item is replaced by a better one.
- Emulator used: fceux 2.1.6
- Glitch abuse
- Luck manipulation
- Takes damage to save time
- Uses game restart sequences
- Collect everything
- all Heart Containers
- all Maps
- all Compasses
- 16 Bomb Upgrade
- Silver Arrows, also the Arrows are collected first but they will be replaced with the Silver Arrows
- Magic Boomerang
- Master Sword, of course I collected the Wood Sword at the beginning
- Red Candle, first I collected the Blue Candle, but it will be replaced
- Power Bracelet
- Magic Wand
- Magic Book
- Magic Key
- Red Ring
- Enemy Bait, I need to buy this item twice
Techniques used in this run
- Screen scroll glitch
- This glitch allows to warp from one side to the other on the overworld.
- Going inside blocks
- It's the same input sequence as the screen scroll glitch. It's possible to went inside blocks and save time by being 8 pixel ahead before bombed entrances or burnt bushes opens and to bypass obstacles. I also used this to walk on water.
- Enemy behaviour
- The enemy behaviour can be manipulated by entering the room a frame later or by pausing the game with the Select button for a cost of at least two frames. They can also be manipulated depending on which position Link is, this means the enemies are going to follow Link.
- Item dropping patterns
- The items which the enemies are going to drop are depended how many enemies where killed. There's also a value which gives a good item, such as a fairy, bomb or 5 rupees.
- Gambing game
- There's a simply four frame rule.
For more information read the submission text of the published 2nd quest run
Ram Address List
|$052A||Item Drop RNG|
|$0050||Good Item RNG|
|$0486 to $0490||Enemy Energy|
|$0413 to $041D||Enemy Item Drop|
Start to Level 3
It's simply the same as the current published any% run.
I got the wodden sword and went straight to Level 3
And again there's no much difference to the published any% run.
I've collected bombs, Raft, Compass and the map. A game restart sequence is used to save time.
Level 3 to Level 4
I had used a reset to the starting screen, then I went to the gambling game and got 210 rupees for stuff. In the shop I bought the blue candle.
There's nothing special, except that I manipulated some enemy to drop 5 rupees, I need to colled 32 more rupees from enemies so I don't need to get them from the overworld.
Level 4 to Level 1
I went directly from the fourth dungeon to the first one. On the way I bought the Enemy Bait and collected one heart container.
After entering the first level I went into the room to the right and collected the key. Then used a restart, exit and entered the dungeon again. This is a glitch which opens the first door without using a key, so I saved one key. I collected the bow which is used then in dungeon number 8. Overall this dungeon wasn't very hard.
Level 1 to Level 8
After beating Level 1, I used another reset. I collected three heart containers, 100 rupees and the wooden arrows before I actually entered the eight level.
This dungeon required some tricky enemy behaviour manipulation. I collected the magic book and magic key which means that I never need to pick up keys again. It was not possible to do another damage boost before the boss, because the enemies before the boss room wouldn't let me bypass.
Level 8 to Level 2
I went to Level without doing anyhing special.
This was some easy level. I spent all my bombs and there weren't any enemies which drop bombs, only them in the room before the boss. But I used the blue candle instead, it also makes the run a bit different. I also got 12 rupees in this dungeon.
Level 2 to Level 5
First I collected the last heart container from the overworld, then I went to a secret place where I got 100 rupees, this is faster than getting the 100 rupees from the gambling game which can be reached earlier. I collected the letter and went directly to fifth dungeon.
I glitched level 5 heavily, but it's only a graphical glitch and it will almost vanish
to 99.9% after beating the dungeon. In the room where I collected the bomb upgrade, I harmed the old man which made the fire attacking me and this saved a frame. And it wasn't possible to pick up the triforce with full energy.
Level 5 to Level 7
I let Link blow the whistle a few times and warped to the third dungeon. On the way to the seventh dungeon I collected another 100 rupees which are used later for the second bomb upgrade. To mention why I did this damage boost from the fire I put somewhere in the beginning after the screen with the entrance of dungeon 3. I wasn't able to make this enemy appear on another position so I used the fire to bypass.
In this dungeon I got the second bomb upgrade.
Level 7 to Level 6
I got the master sword and went straight to dungeon 6.
This was some hard dungeon, cause I ran out of bombs and need to pick up the rest of the 32 rupees I need to get 102 rupees.
Level 6 to Level 9
I bought the enemy bait a second time, at this point the item can't be lost again.
I manipulated the enemies very well to damage boost everytime it was possible.
- Baxter, Morrison, jprofit22, Sleepz for their previous runs.
- Everyone else, who supported my run.