Shovel Knight is a 2D platform game with retro style released in 2014, and inspired by mechanics from NES platform games. It initially features Shovel Knight as the playable character, but then received additional campaigns with other playable characters.
The above video contains commentaries as subtitles.
- Emulator used: libTAS v1.3.1
- Syncs on Ubuntu 18.04 amd64 with Linux kernel 4.13.0-36-generic
- Finish the game with Plague Knight campaign
- Aims for fastest real time
- Take damage to save time
- Genre: Platform
When entering the boss screen, we loose control of the character. However, we can still act during the first frame of the screen. Bursting during this first frame allows us to get closer to the boss during the cutscene. On some bosses, this trick is not possible, but it is still possible to burst at the last frame of the previous screen for a similar effect.
There are several cancels and resets among Plague's list of movements:
- Normally, Plague can throw 3 bombs then there's a cooldown until he can throw a bomb again. The double jump resets the cooldown, so he can throw 6 bombs rapidly
- The Burst can be canceled by an item
- The end of the Staff item animation can be canceled by a double jump
Huge thanks to the Shovel Knight discord community for their feedback, advices and enthusiasm!
Suggested screenshot: 75983