Locked

Editor, Experienced Forum User, Skilled player (1384)
Joined: 7/9/2010
Posts: 1312
Glitchy TAS of 2015NES TASer of 2014Speedy TAS of 2014NES TAS of 2013
Xipo wrote:
By the way..As TASeditor's definition about Co-author.Many tas are not Co-work in this page.Administrators should delete many name include TASeditor's name.
LOL
Favorite animal: STOCK Gt(ROSA)26Sortm1.1(rtTA,EGFP)Nagy Grm7Tg(SMN2)89Ahmb Smn1tm1Msd Tg(SMN2*delta7)4299Ahmb Tg(tetO-SMN2,-luc)#aAhmb/J YouTube Twitch
Experienced Forum User, Site Admin, Skilled player (1023)
Joined: 4/17/2010
Posts: 10642
Location: RU
NES TAS of 2011
Xipo wrote:
feos!I used to think you were a just man.But that was before,now I've changed my mind.You define co-work different in different periods.Do you remember this tas?The submitter is you,feos.You retained my 99.9999% input and made a little change.Then you wrote your name in co-work.After that I improved this tas again,all the input belonged to me,originality came from Koh1fds,this means there is nothing to do with you there.Why did you retain your name in co-author?
Koh1fds discovered the new technique, I implemented it after your input. Since most of the input was still yours, I put you as the main author of the movie. You asked for explanation of how the glitch works, I explained it, then you improved the segment I made. I tried improving it time-wise and couldn't. I tried making it more entertaining, and couldn't make more entertaining glitches fit into the movie length. I didn't exclude you from the author list, and I also included Koh1fds who hadn't actually send me any inputs, only discovered the glitch. What is unjust here? I'm not even saying "only people whose input is in the movie need to be credited", because that's not what I think. Any significant contribution can be credited as co-authorship, for example research and development, route planning, etc. I made your movie shorter, you made my movie shorter, we are both co-authors of it.
Warning: When making decisions, I try to collect as much data as possible before actually deciding. I try to abstract away and see the principles behind real world events and people's opinions. I try to generalize them and turn into something clear and reusable. I hate depending on unpredictable and having to make lottery guesses. Any problem can be solved by systems thinking and acting. If TASing is meta-play, TASVideos Movie Rules are meta-meta-play!
Noxxa
They/Them
Experienced Forum User, Expert player, Moderator (3768)
Joined: 8/14/2009
Posts: 4032
Location: The Netherlands
Exotic platforms TASer of 2018Exotic platforms TAS of 2018Exotic platforms TASer of 2017Exotic platforms TAS of 2017Exotic platforms TAS of 2017Exotic platforms TASer of 2016Exotic platforms TAS of 2016Gameboy TASer of 2013
TASeditor wrote:
Xipo is lying about same input in 3:45 in his video, just check my submission file. Have checked my submission file, Mothrayas, adelikat, EZGames69?
I have not made any definite claims about who did what input in the final movie. My apologies if I sounded presumptive on this part. But it's clear in the PM exchange that you proposed co-authorship to Xipo for his help, he helped several times, and then you silently went back on your word and did not co-author him. That is the part I have an issue with. If nothing else, you should have cleared this with Xipo before making the submission.
http://www.youtube.com/Noxxa <dwangoAC> This is a TAS (...). Not suitable for all audiences. May cause undesirable side-effects. May contain emulator abuse. Emulator may be abusive. This product contains glitches known to the state of California to cause egg defects. <Masterjun> I'm just a guy arranging bits in a sequence which could potentially amuse other people looking at these bits <adelikat> In Oregon Trail, I sacrificed my own family to save time. In Star trek, I killed helpless comrades in escape pods to save time. Here, I kill my allies to save time. I think I need help.
Editor, Experienced Forum User, Skilled player (1384)
Joined: 7/9/2010
Posts: 1312
Glitchy TAS of 2015NES TASer of 2014Speedy TAS of 2014NES TAS of 2013
By him having helped so little I thought he didn't really have interesst in working on this TAS and expected he would be OK with being credited in the submission text. For me being an co-author of a TAS you must be contributed at least some final input to the TAS. I even reject my name as a co-author for many TASes people work on like: Post #474541 and Post #434742
Favorite animal: STOCK Gt(ROSA)26Sortm1.1(rtTA,EGFP)Nagy Grm7Tg(SMN2)89Ahmb Smn1tm1Msd Tg(SMN2*delta7)4299Ahmb Tg(tetO-SMN2,-luc)#aAhmb/J YouTube Twitch
Noxxa
They/Them
Experienced Forum User, Expert player, Moderator (3768)
Joined: 8/14/2009
Posts: 4032
Location: The Netherlands
Exotic platforms TASer of 2018Exotic platforms TAS of 2018Exotic platforms TASer of 2017Exotic platforms TAS of 2017Exotic platforms TAS of 2017Exotic platforms TASer of 2016Exotic platforms TAS of 2016Gameboy TASer of 2013
TASeditor wrote:
By him having helped so little I thought he didn't really have interesst in working on this TAS and expected he would be OK with being credited in the submission text. For me being an co-author of a TAS you must be contributed at least some final input to the TAS. I even reject my name as a co-author for many TASes people work on like: Post #474541 and Post #434742
I don't mind you having your own standard for what constitutes co-authorship, but even so, that's something you need to cooperate and compromise with when you work with other people. Assuming other people "didn't really have interest" and therefore wouldn't mind being left out of co-authorship, despite an initial agreement of co-authorship, was probably a poor assumption on your part. By the looks of it, Xipo was definitely plenty interested. That's why you should have cleared it with him first.
http://www.youtube.com/Noxxa <dwangoAC> This is a TAS (...). Not suitable for all audiences. May cause undesirable side-effects. May contain emulator abuse. Emulator may be abusive. This product contains glitches known to the state of California to cause egg defects. <Masterjun> I'm just a guy arranging bits in a sequence which could potentially amuse other people looking at these bits <adelikat> In Oregon Trail, I sacrificed my own family to save time. In Star trek, I killed helpless comrades in escape pods to save time. Here, I kill my allies to save time. I think I need help.
Editor, Experienced Forum User, Skilled player (1384)
Joined: 7/9/2010
Posts: 1312
Glitchy TAS of 2015NES TASer of 2014Speedy TAS of 2014NES TAS of 2013
The submission formular doesn't really allow to tier the work different people did on a TAS. I mean having different options to put co-authors other than the default Player field, like fields for glitch-hunter, routing, tipps and trick, lua-scripting, debugging or other minimal contributions. And please check the inputs files I sent him with what he sent me back, you'll see he didn't worked much on this TAS.
Favorite animal: STOCK Gt(ROSA)26Sortm1.1(rtTA,EGFP)Nagy Grm7Tg(SMN2)89Ahmb Smn1tm1Msd Tg(SMN2*delta7)4299Ahmb Tg(tetO-SMN2,-luc)#aAhmb/J YouTube Twitch
Noxxa
They/Them
Experienced Forum User, Expert player, Moderator (3768)
Joined: 8/14/2009
Posts: 4032
Location: The Netherlands
Exotic platforms TASer of 2018Exotic platforms TAS of 2018Exotic platforms TASer of 2017Exotic platforms TAS of 2017Exotic platforms TAS of 2017Exotic platforms TASer of 2016Exotic platforms TAS of 2016Gameboy TASer of 2013
Xipo wrote:
Let us look what I said in 3:45.I'm sorry,I didn't said anything,I just gave an example to tell us:adding some meaningless input can't make a old input become a new input.
Xipo, why did you post a fabricated example in your video instead of real evidence? If you cannot provide actual evidence of your input being copied/modified for the submission, then I can understand TASeditor's case a lot more. (Although I think TASeditor should still have talked with you about authorship before submitting)
http://www.youtube.com/Noxxa <dwangoAC> This is a TAS (...). Not suitable for all audiences. May cause undesirable side-effects. May contain emulator abuse. Emulator may be abusive. This product contains glitches known to the state of California to cause egg defects. <Masterjun> I'm just a guy arranging bits in a sequence which could potentially amuse other people looking at these bits <adelikat> In Oregon Trail, I sacrificed my own family to save time. In Star trek, I killed helpless comrades in escape pods to save time. Here, I kill my allies to save time. I think I need help.
Banned User, Skilled player (1117)
Joined: 12/26/2006
Posts: 231
Location: Lonely City
Mothrayas wrote:
Xipo wrote:
Let us look what I said in 3:45.I'm sorry,I didn't said anything,I just gave an example to tell us:adding some meaningless input can't make a old input become a new input.
Xipo, why did you post a fabricated example in your video instead of real evidence? If you cannot provide actual evidence of your input being copied/modified for the submission, then I can understand TASeditor's case a lot more. (Although I think TASeditor should still have talked with you about authorship before submitting)
I'm glad we got the basic information first,it's clear in the PM exchange that TASeditor proposed co-authorship and he broke faith finally.I have to point out I have never said left picture is mine and right is his in 3:45.My video is public,I cann't edit it,if you think so,please point out word subtitle like"left is xipo's tas,right is TASeditor's tas".If you watch the video carefully,you will find I frame TASeditor's name with Red Border when this thing is about him,and then I will put this evidence in Evidence Zip.Look back at the video in 3:45,there is no TASeditor's name with Red Border.Look back at the Evidence Zip,this picture never appeaars in Evidence Zip.This means I never used it as evidence.How do you think I accused falsely him?My original tas and TASeditor's tas are public,everyone can open it and find the picture in 3:45 is not his tas input easily.I've collected a lot of evidence,if I want to accuse falsely him,how clumsy is this method!The picture in 3:45 is an obvious example.I want to say:TASeditor benefited a lot from my original and new input from PM.He doesn't admit it now.This example want to reflect one suspected abnormal behavior,TASeditor attempted to make his tas look different from mine with adding invalid input,then he can declare all the input belong to him,as he said in message"#5130: TASeditor's NES Shadow of the Ninja in 9:30.41 Doesn't have any of your inputs of the files you sent me.I used the inputs you sent me for reference, I improved upon them."One player can easily find he lied and my example doesn't wrong him by comparing these tas.TASeditor's achievement is in 9:45,he can't finish the tas in 9:31 without my help,all the cream/nice glitch/nice input come from me.TASeditor just optimized it.How can he say I didn't help.Who is lying? As for someone think my example will cause ambiguity,it maybe make audience think TASeditor stole my tas.I promise I didn't plan to accuse falsely him.If it causes discomfort to some people,I apologize here.On the other hand,why doesn't TASeditor explain the most important thing"Why breaking promise" until now.Most his confession is about my example.His purpose is not to explain things but proveing that I accused falsely him.He's avoiding the important.He's shifting the subject.What we're talking about here is "what's Co-author,what's Co-work,what's sincerity" instead of"what's example".You can finish a faster tas alone with normal way.But I I will never accept someone plan to tease me.
work hard
Soig
He/Him
Experienced Forum User, Skilled player (1294)
Joined: 12/4/2010
Posts: 252
DS TASer of 2018
It seems that it's my turn to stab Xipo in the back this time. >.>.>.>.>.>.>.>.>I'm so happy like a child. When I saw the first 3 people's reply, I can't believe Xipo did a right thing this time. But after a person in the know replied, the true doesn't make me disappointed. I'm so happy. Merry X-mas!!! Though today is 12.12... In fact, I didn't care who is the right or wrong for this thing. I just want to "slander" Xipo with my fake pictures. If Xipo becomes angry because of this, I will be success. At the beginning, I want to say something after the quarrel between Xipo and me at the last. After he admitted that he sue me on bilibili, the site deleted most of his videos in my account. He has admitted it's his revenge. And said I'm not like an adult. I think it's enough. Because he becomes to the new wrong man. So I don't feel so angry at that time. And stop to quarrel. But he come to quarrel on our site. And at the first, he scolded all Chinese TASers. (I don't know why he quarrels other unrelated people. It's interesting that a man don't know to join a team to quarrel with others. Maybe he wants to oppose with all people by himself. Wrong belongs to the whole world, not Xipo.) https://ibb.co/93KdtXW Then fcxiaopengyou, who is a forthright boy, quarreled with him. https://ibb.co/HzjQdWT Xipo becomes more angry, and say bad words on my bilibili acounts because fcxiaopengyou said that he was using that account. (In fact the user is only me>.> It's called common account because there are many Chinese TAS videos collected in it, and most Chinese TASers know that I "steal" their movies. Someone even allow me to mark "self-creation" for their own videos.) https://ibb.co/Y24WBBQ https://ibb.co/3MHV2Sk So some days before, Xipo found an easy-to-beat TAS to beat fcxiaopengyou... (How maturely he did as he said before. So different from my naive practice.) Though fcxiaopengyou said there's a improvement which Xipo don't know. But fcxiaopengyou didn't do that. It's not necessary due to the bad game choice and the bad goal of the movie. And we didn't say anything, either. We want to forget the unhappy thing more quickly. https://ibb.co/8bfMGMn Xipo said that I always complain others since setbacks.There's no need to do that if your tas is good enough.On the other hand,I must point out that one taser should respect previous authors instead of taunt them if he reference their tas.I don't want to argue with you anymore. https://ibb.co/pvWBF0m So he shows me what actually right is this time. I learned that it's necessary to make some fake things to help myself. So I did the same thing this time. All of the pictures I showed here are fake! It's much fun! I like it. Looks so mature. Thank you, my great teacher. Maybe he doesn't feel very well. Though he has beat a TAS. So he did this thing here. Wants to be a greatest TASer worshipped by you. Let's learn the カサネテク of Xipo's quarrel. 1. Whatever you said is meaningless. https://ibb.co/t23mDQV https://ibb.co/TrD0jJY 2. We can quarrel on other big consoles. (Let everyone know who's right.) https://ibb.co/XDrdfqF https://ibb.co/DbcTZDc 3. You are merciless, unjust, and unreasonable. You're contemptible. 4. You're not good at TAS. Just copy, copy, and copy. 5. On the one side, "My purpose is the same as everyone else's, just make a nice movie." On the other side, ".I advise you not to be too arrogant.Most players can beat your works since principle of tas. You are just one very common taser." So Xipo said he thinks he is a common TASer as others. But he thinks a very common TASer is shameful in his heart. I can't believe that he can argue with others here, now. I've seen his grow up. Finally, quote a sentence from comic dialogue: 行,你舍得死我就舍得埋! Well, if you don't begrudge death, I don't begrudge burying you. quote a sentence from Donald Trump: He died like a dog~ A beautiful dog~ A talented dog~~~ Maybe, sometimes we don't unite. But with Xipo's appearing, TASers become unite. Only two groups now. Here is a little of reply https://ibb.co/ZmxLY90 I'm so happy. Good night everyone~
Experienced Forum User, Site Admin, Skilled player (1023)
Joined: 4/17/2010
Posts: 10642
Location: RU
NES TAS of 2011
TASeditor wrote:
If someone doesn't have made inputs for my TAS, but helped otherwise, they get credited in submission text.
EZGames69 wrote:
So you never received any input file from him ever?
TASeditor wrote:
I did, but none of his input is in my submission file.
If you can't figure out how to improve something, then show your movie to another person, and that person manages to improve your times and sends you their input, then they have contributed to the overall product by making it more optimal. If you then improve it further, you're using their contribution as a basis (you call it a reference). If the only help you've received was textual explanations, then it's entirely up to you how to credit that. But if the other person contributed ideas implemented as input files that improved your times, then it's co-authorship. This is how we handle frame wars too: someone's intermediate input may not have survived in the end, but they managed to make the overall work more optimal, so they deserve credit.
Warning: When making decisions, I try to collect as much data as possible before actually deciding. I try to abstract away and see the principles behind real world events and people's opinions. I try to generalize them and turn into something clear and reusable. I hate depending on unpredictable and having to make lottery guesses. Any problem can be solved by systems thinking and acting. If TASing is meta-play, TASVideos Movie Rules are meta-meta-play!
Editor, Experienced Forum User, Skilled player (1384)
Joined: 7/9/2010
Posts: 1312
Glitchy TAS of 2015NES TASer of 2014Speedy TAS of 2014NES TAS of 2013
Xipo wrote:
it's clear in the PM exchange that TASeditor proposed co-authorship and he broke faith finally.
The one who broke the co-authorship was you, after you stated multiple times that you are not good enough to keep up with me and never work on it, except when asked:
Sorry,I'm not good at lag.Don't mind some details.In stage1-4(BOSS ROOM),kill boss early or later do not effect time,you will begin stage 2-1 at the same frame:(
Xipo PM wrote:
~~~~:( I have no idea.But please go ahead!go!go!go!
Xipo PM wrote:
Every one lag or different pixel will cause sync ;(.And the frame-rule is hard to break.I am sorry I can do nothing.
Xipo PM wrote:
I can't explan boos's action.The reason could be odd or enen frame.
I have given up asking you about the hard things to optimize in this TAS, like frame-rule and lag. The only times I asked you for help, it was only one change of input and you didn't even optimize, that's why you only get credited in submission text.
Xipo wrote:
This example want to reflect one suspected abnormal behavior,TASeditor attempted to make his tas look different from mine with adding invalid input
Bullshit! Your TAS is 09:35.02 while mine is 09:30.41. This isn't a case of just adding meaningless input to your 09:35.02 TAS.
Xipo wrote:
he can't finish the tas in 9:31 without my help,all the cream/nice glitch/nice input come from me.TASeditor just optimized it.How can he say I didn't help.Who is lying?
The one who wouldn't be able to made the TAS in under 9:31 is you, see quoted PMs. And no, there's no "cream/[...]/nice input" from any of your TAS or WIPs in my final TAS. And you haven't found any new "nice glitch" while working with my files. The optimization for this was a lot harder than you probably can imagine. I spent month trying to get the correct value for the frame-rule by manipulating lag, while you, only when asked, changed one input and didn't even optimze. The three times you helped is not enough for me to put you as co-author, a credit in submission text is enough for that. If you think that's unfair? Well sorry, I didn't know your standards where that low and want co-authorship by doing that little.
Xipo wrote:
His purpose is not to explain things but proveing that I accused falsely him.He's avoiding the important.He's shifting the subject.What we're talking about here is "what's Co-author,what's Co-work,what's sincerity" instead of"what's example".
I have it explained it multiple times to you now, but you don't seem to get it.
feos wrote:
someone's intermediate input may not have survived in the end, but they managed to make the overall work more optimal, so they deserve credit.
This is exactly the case here. I used his input/old TAS for reference, but none of his input survided, so he gets credit in submission text
Favorite animal: STOCK Gt(ROSA)26Sortm1.1(rtTA,EGFP)Nagy Grm7Tg(SMN2)89Ahmb Smn1tm1Msd Tg(SMN2*delta7)4299Ahmb Tg(tetO-SMN2,-luc)#aAhmb/J YouTube Twitch
Banned User, Skilled player (1117)
Joined: 12/26/2006
Posts: 231
Location: Lonely City
As everyone knows,the messages TASeditor provided are not all messages.I have expressed it many times,I have to admit I was a little perfunctory at the beginnning since I was busy and I am not good at English(look video in 1:17).But TASeditor didn't stop PM me.In the next few years,I helped him a lot.TASeditor needn't always keeping PM/asking me if he really doesn't need my help.As how I helped him,I have put the picture in Evidence Zip.From what he said,I have reason to believe TASeditor is filtering messages purposefully.He selected meaningless messages to prove there is no my help,and he ignored the real help.He will never deny the picture evidence.
work hard
Banned User, Skilled player (1117)
Joined: 12/26/2006
Posts: 231
Location: Lonely City
As everyone knows,the messages TASeditor provided are not all messages.I have expressed it many times,I have to admit I was a little perfunctory at the beginnning since I was busy and I am not good at English(look video in 1:17).But TASeditor didn't stop PM me.In the next few years,I helped him a lot.TASeditor needn't always keeping PM/asking me if he really doesn't need my help.As how I helped him,I have put the picture in Evidence Zip.From what he said,I have reason to believe TASeditor is filtering messages purposefully.He selected meaningless messages to prove there is no my help,and he ignored the real help.He will never deny the picture evidence.
work hard
Editor, Experienced Forum User, Skilled player (1384)
Joined: 7/9/2010
Posts: 1312
Glitchy TAS of 2015NES TASer of 2014Speedy TAS of 2014NES TAS of 2013
Ok, here are all message we sent each other
Von: 	TASeditor
An: 	Xipo
Verfasst am: 	2015-05-22 14:24:54
Titel: 	Co-author for Kage 	
Hey,
I'm working on a run of Kage: User movie #20199656607487082.
Would you like to help? Would be great if you do so, since you know a lot of this game.

Von: 	Xipo
An: 	TASeditor
Verfasst am: 	2015-05-24 08:00:48
Titel: 	Re: Co-author for Kage 	Nachricht zitieren
Ye,I am very glad to meet a good partner.Previous Kage's published is an old run in this site.I think you have got my 9:36 version.I have researched this game for a long time,but I am sorry there could be not big improvment except some details.I'm not always online,but I am glad to suggest something in http://tasvideos.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=5724 ,if you don't mind my poor English.I am looking forward to seeing a great Kage tas.

Von: 	TASeditor
An: 	Xipo
Verfasst am: 	2015-05-24 18:30:28
Titel: 	Re: Co-author for Kage 	
Great to hear that. The language barrier shall not be an issue.

Here's a lua script: User movie #19485580542599690 and the files for it are here: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0Bzbs4SiuHTyWT18yY3FFVzdtMFU/view?usp=sharing. Put the files in the same folder as the lua script. To use the files: make a marker in TAS Editor 11 frames before the first frame when it's possible to jump.

I saw your 9:36 movie, a bit too late though. I think a second could be improved.

Von: 	TASeditor
An: 	Xipo
Verfasst am: 	2015-06-29 21:14:13
Titel: 	Kage 	
Hey,
did you see the WIP on the forums? Do you think more lag can be reduced?
I made a dirty copy-paste of 1-3 and 1-4, and I'm 3 frames ahead after 1-4, three frames of reduced lag in 1-1. 1-3 could be improved, not sure about 1-4. Don't know how much frames need to be saved to save time on the frame-rule.

Von: 	Xipo
An: 	TASeditor
Verfasst am: 	2015-06-30 09:59:52
Titel: 	Re: Kage 	Nachricht zitieren
Sorry,I'm not good at lag.Don't mind some details.In stage1-4(BOSS ROOM),kill boss early or later do not effect time,you will begin stage 2-1 at the same frame:(

Von: 	TASeditor
An: 	Xipo
Verfasst am: 	2015-06-30 14:30:56
Titel: 	Re: Kage 	
Yes the frame-rule is stupid. I think it's possible to remove more lag in 1-1 and 1-2 without losing time after 1-4... or even losing frames in 1-1 and 1-2 while removing more lag can save more time, considering the frame-rule.

In 1-3 some fames could be improved. I'm 2 frames ahead when jumping to the bombs, but somehow lose position on the rotating platforms afterwards... I manipulated the camera as you did.

Von: 	TASeditor
An: 	Xipo
Verfasst am: 	2015-07-04 17:45:20
Titel: 	Re: Kage 	
1 frame is needed to break the frame-rule. :D
Not doing an attack in the end of 1-3 let's me start the fight in 1-4 earlier.

User movie #23907231870943389
Branch 0: contains the copy-pasted 1-3 and 1-4 with the small improvement;
Branches 6,4,5,7,8,9: contain tests in 1-3; I can't get my improvements get working there. Maybe you can try out.
Branch 2: contains a reduced lag in 1-1, but isn't enough to save a frame, but it still would break the frame-rule if nothing happens in the next levels.

Von: 	Xipo
An: 	TASeditor
Verfasst am: 	2015-07-06 08:53:06
Titel: 	Re: Kage 	Nachricht zitieren
~~~~:( I have no idea.But please go ahead!go!go!go!

Von: 	TASeditor
An: 	Xipo
Verfasst am: 	2015-07-27 16:42:45
Titel: 	Re: Kage 	
Can you please look into 1-3 User movie #24417048182199935.
I have no idea what's going on. Your input doesn't sync. And everything I do turns out to be not fast enough to break the frame-rule.

Von: 	Xipo
An: 	TASeditor
Verfasst am: 	2015-07-28 14:57:41
Titel: 	Re: Kage 	Nachricht zitieren
Every one lag or different pixel will cause sync ;(.And the frame-rule is hard to break.I am sorry I can do nothing.

Von: 	TASeditor
An: 	Xipo
Verfasst am: 	2015-07-28 17:17:20
Titel: 	Re: Kage 	
Well, nevermind. It's just weird that it was only one frame in the last WIP to break the frame-rule, now I'm 4 frames ahead and it doesn't work. I think I ignore it and keep going, I'm 8 frames ahead, saved from lag.

Von: 	TASeditor
An: 	Xipo
Verfasst am: 	2015-09-04 15:50:47
Titel: 	Re: Kage 	
I managed to save 3 more frames (2 lag frames) in 1-2, but it still isn't enough to break the frame-rule, 1 frame too slow.

Von: 	TASeditor
An: 	Xipo
Verfasst am: 	2015-11-27 19:01:48
Titel: 	Re: Kage 	
Can you please help with the 2-1 mid-boss: User movie #27150391279854757 It always hits me.

Von: 	Xipo
An: 	TASeditor
Verfasst am: 	2015-12-03 17:54:46
Titel: 	Re: Kage 	Nachricht zitieren
http://dehacked.2y.net/microstorage.php/info/593556865/Kage%201player%20TAS-compact-2-1%28xipo%20fix%29.fm2

I can't explan boos's action.The reason could be odd or enen frame.

Von: 	TASeditor
An: 	Xipo
Verfasst am: 	2016-04-23 23:01:02
Titel: 	Re: Kage 	
Do you have anything to say for the latest WIP? User movie #30435288475639490



Von: 	TASeditor
An: 	Xipo
Verfasst am: 	2016-05-07 20:35:32
Titel: 	Re: Kage 	
One more frame is needed to beat the frame rule in 3-1 once more: User movie #30678553802671306 any ideas?

Von: 	Xipo
An: 	TASeditor
Verfasst am: 	2016-05-11 08:05:14
Titel: 	Re: Kage 	Nachricht zitieren
It's cool.I notice you are tasing other tas.~~~mmmmm, I'm looking forward to see new kage tas at the first time.Cheer up!

Von: 	TASeditor
An: 	Xipo
Verfasst am: 	2016-05-14 18:56:01
Titel: 	Re: Kage 	
Can you please help me out once more. In 4-1 I can't kill the enemies with 2 hits. Here's input for reference: User movie #30902866404504444
I'm ahead, but lots of position is lost.

Von: 	Xipo
An: 	TASeditor
Verfasst am: 	2016-05-15 10:02:15
Titel: 	Re: Kage 	Nachricht zitieren
http://dehacked.2y.net/microstorage.php/info/1885869261/Kage%201player%20TAS4-1p%20fix.fm2

Continue this run,you will get what you want.The reason is that,the blade will cross the body every two time.So hit once,the next time,the blade will cross the enemy.

Von: 	TASeditor
An: 	Xipo
Verfasst am: 	2016-05-24 11:46:28
Titel: 	Re: Kage 	
Does your last boss improvement only work each other frame?

Von: 	Xipo
An: 	TASeditor
Verfasst am: 	2016-05-25 01:29:36
Titel: 	Re: Kage 	Nachricht zitieren
e~~~~~~Sorry,I can't understand(translate) what you mean.Do you say stand on his left or right?It looks the same.Weapon Chain can hit him every 9 frames in a specific location.

Von: 	TASeditor
An: 	Xipo
Verfasst am: 	2016-05-25 17:21:13
Titel: 	Re: Kage 	
I mean if it depends on the hit detection (every second frame) or if it is something else? The boss has a different Y position when I start the fight than yours, one frame later. I stay on the right.
Your input doesn't sync.

Von: 	Xipo
An: 	TASeditor
Verfasst am: 	2016-05-26 01:22:09
Titel: 	Re: Kage 	Nachricht zitieren
Can you give me your wip?Let me see it.

Von: 	TASeditor
An: 	Xipo
Verfasst am: 	2016-05-26 14:27:09
Titel: 	Re: Kage 	
I get different boss position, which causes him to move further when he does his punch attack. Currently trying to reduce it. I should be 3 frames faster. WIP: User movie #31165235166765735

Von: 	Xipo
An: 	TASeditor
Verfasst am: 	2016-05-27 11:50:46
Titel: 	Re: Kage 	Nachricht zitieren
ye,I have try my best.It is hard to change BOSS's behaviour.Maybe you will lost one hit(9 frame later).But I think it doesn't matter.

Von: 	TASeditor
An: 	Xipo
Verfasst am: 	2016-05-27 21:50:38
Titel: 	Re: Kage 	
I now understand it, it is the X camera which makes the boss jump at different locations.

Von: 	Xipo
An: 	TASeditor
Verfasst am: 	2016-05-28 03:02:27
Titel: 	Re: Kage 	Nachricht zitieren
I find that in your run,BOSS appears at 32929 and you can hit him first at 33266.33266-32929=337.
And in my run,BOSS appears at 33205 and I can hit him first at 33541.33541-33205=336.
It means I can hit him one frame faster than you.It is this one frame make me hit him once more than you too.
Do you think whether we should do something to change it?

Von: 	Xipo
An: 	TASeditor
Verfasst am: 	2016-05-28 03:51:49
Titel: 	Re: Kage 	Nachricht zitieren
I think we maybe pay close attention to how to control BOSS.
RAM $07F8 is 176 before BOSS appear.Yes,please make $07F8 other value,for example make $07F8 2.

Von: 	Xipo
An: 	TASeditor
Verfasst am: 	2016-05-29 02:29:10
Titel: 	Re: Kage 	Nachricht zitieren
http://dehacked.2y.net/microstorage.php/info/1259689437/Kage%201player%20TAS%205-2b%20fixed.fm2


Continue it.BOSS RUSH will reduce some frames.^^

Von: 	TASeditor
An: 	Xipo
Verfasst am: 	2016-05-29 10:26:51
Titel: 	Re: Kage 	
I already saved many frames using my old input. I'm still 2 frames slower.
Making 7F8 to 2 did not change anything.
The second last jump the boss make is where I'm losing time.

Von: 	Xipo
An: 	TASeditor
Verfasst am: 	2016-05-30 02:57:06
Titel: 	Re: Kage 	Nachricht zitieren
ye,sorry,I am wrong.Now how is your run?5-2 stage is very nice,the action and dance are interesting.

Von: 	TASeditor
An: 	Xipo
Verfasst am: 	2016-06-01 13:47:32
Titel: 	Re: Kage 	
I did it without delaying a frame. But I want to make the fight more pretty.
The TAS is improved by over 4 seconds, more than I was expecting, haha.
I'll submit the next days. Thanks for being helpful.
Favorite animal: STOCK Gt(ROSA)26Sortm1.1(rtTA,EGFP)Nagy Grm7Tg(SMN2)89Ahmb Smn1tm1Msd Tg(SMN2*delta7)4299Ahmb Tg(tetO-SMN2,-luc)#aAhmb/J YouTube Twitch
Banned User, Skilled player (1117)
Joined: 12/26/2006
Posts: 231
Location: Lonely City
The entire exchange and cooperation of the movie started out with TASeditor proposing co-authorship with Xipo. When doing that, and then having a successful co-operation on the project, both authors deserve to have credit on the movie. Excluding Xipo's name without informing him is scummy.TASeditor needn't always keeping PM/asking me if he really doesn't need my help. what's this:Would you like to help? Would be great if you do so, since you know a lot of this game. what's this:Don't know how much frames need to be saved to save time on the frame-rule. what's this:I have no idea what's going on. Your input doesn't sync. And everything I do turns out to be not fast enough to break the frame-rule. what's this:Can you please help with the 2-1 mid-boss: what's this:Can you please help me out once more. In 4-1 I can't kill the enemies with 2 hits. Here's input for reference: what's this:Sorry, Im only giving co-authors for people who actively work on input for a TAS. I don't remember if you actually provided any inputs for this TAS. what's this:Doesn't have any of your inputs of the files you sent me. I used the inputs you sent me for reference, I improved upon them.
work hard
Editor, Experienced Forum User, Skilled player (1384)
Joined: 7/9/2010
Posts: 1312
Glitchy TAS of 2015NES TASer of 2014Speedy TAS of 2014NES TAS of 2013
You rejected the co-authorship by done exactly nothing, except little when being asked. It's that simple, you wont ge co-authorship from me.
Favorite animal: STOCK Gt(ROSA)26Sortm1.1(rtTA,EGFP)Nagy Grm7Tg(SMN2)89Ahmb Smn1tm1Msd Tg(SMN2*delta7)4299Ahmb Tg(tetO-SMN2,-luc)#aAhmb/J YouTube Twitch
Banned User, Skilled player (1117)
Joined: 12/26/2006
Posts: 231
Location: Lonely City
TASeditor wrote:
You rejected the co-authorship by done exactly nothing, except little when being asked. It's that simple, you wont ge co-authorship from me.
It's a funny statement.How can you make a decision for me.Where is the rejection?I was a little perfunctory,but it didn't mean I refuse to help you.If not,why can you explain my answer and new input?I could shut up if I didn't want to help.Although our communication is not smooth,it was still a successful co-operation on the project.Co-work is a clear fact.
work hard
Banned User, Skilled player (1117)
Joined: 12/26/2006
Posts: 231
Location: Lonely City
I scanned this page carefully.I find many so-called co-authors are not real co-authors.They were previous authors or men who only proposed advice.Most of them did nothing/no input in new projects.According to TASeditor's definition about co-work. TASeditor said:Sorry, Im only giving co-authors for people who actively work on input for a TAS. Those players are not real co-authors.Why did TASeditor still write co-authors name with no difficulty?I have reason to believe TASeditor planned to take advantage of their fames.TASeditor values famous players and ignores general players subjectively.He's treating us differently.My contribution is obvious.Is it so hard to write my name on co-authors?TASeditor,you can declare you finish this tas by yourself.But what you lose is your integrity.
work hard
Editor, Experienced Forum User, Publisher, Skilled player (1324)
Joined: 10/12/2011
Posts: 6055
Location: The land down under.
PSX TASer of 2016
This "conversation" ended a few posts ago and we've reached nitpicking to hell. I like to point out, that even though you didn't respond to my post (which was fine as I did mention you can skip it) you have indirectly answered it with the following posts after my comment. This thread has pretty much run it's course as you've dragged it into the ground.
WebNations/Sabih wrote:
+fsvgm777 never censoring anything.
Disables Comments and Ratings for the YouTube account. These colours are pretty neato, and also these.
Editor, Experienced Forum User, Skilled player (1384)
Joined: 7/9/2010
Posts: 1312
Glitchy TAS of 2015NES TASer of 2014Speedy TAS of 2014NES TAS of 2013
Xipo wrote:
I scanned this page carefully.I find many so-called co-authors are not real co-authors.They were previous authors or men who only proposed advice.Most of them did nothing/no input in new projects.According to TASeditor's definition about co-work.
Point out the movies where this is the case!
Favorite animal: STOCK Gt(ROSA)26Sortm1.1(rtTA,EGFP)Nagy Grm7Tg(SMN2)89Ahmb Smn1tm1Msd Tg(SMN2*delta7)4299Ahmb Tg(tetO-SMN2,-luc)#aAhmb/J YouTube Twitch
Experienced Forum User, Site Admin, Skilled player (1023)
Joined: 4/17/2010
Posts: 10642
Location: RU
NES TAS of 2011
TASeditor wrote:
feos wrote:
someone's intermediate input may not have survived in the end, but they managed to make the overall work more optimal, so they deserve credit.
This is exactly the case here. I used his input/old TAS for reference, but none of his input survided, so he gets credit in submission text
Sorry, I meant co-authorship. See these movies for example: [2406] NES Kirby's Adventure "game end glitch" by MESHUGGAH, CoolKirby, Masterjun, MUGG, TASeditor & illayaya in 00:35.91 #6545: illayaya, Memory, Bluely, Bloopiero & feos's NES Super Donkey Kong 2 in 02:11.63 Those were effectively a co-op work, regardless of whose input remained in which parts of the final submission. Consider this situation:
  • 5 people improved a movie consecutively
  • Then they couldn't improve it anymore
  • The 6th person arrives and improves it
  • Some more people arrive and improve it further.
In the end it may not be possible to track whose input survived where. Does that mean some of the people who successfully improved the overall work can be dropped from the final authors, even though it was a group effort? If it's submitted and someone actually works alone and overwrites everything, of course they would be a single author. But for a group effort, it's fair to count everyone's intermediate improvement. Especially when they do not deny co-authorship explicitly. Your personal rules are too strict, the site doesn't work that way.
TASeditor wrote:
You rejected the co-authorship by done exactly nothing, except little when being asked.
It's called an assumption. Why would we rely on assumptions in a hobby that consists of checking everything all the time?
Warning: When making decisions, I try to collect as much data as possible before actually deciding. I try to abstract away and see the principles behind real world events and people's opinions. I try to generalize them and turn into something clear and reusable. I hate depending on unpredictable and having to make lottery guesses. Any problem can be solved by systems thinking and acting. If TASing is meta-play, TASVideos Movie Rules are meta-meta-play!
Editor, Experienced Forum User, Skilled player (1384)
Joined: 7/9/2010
Posts: 1312
Glitchy TAS of 2015NES TASer of 2014Speedy TAS of 2014NES TAS of 2013
My rules are definitely not to too strict here, since he only changed little and it didn't even survive in the final TAS. He never sent me a single message where stated he improved a level or a boss by some time, never. If he did he would have gotten co-authorship, but he only came with "~~~~:( I have no idea." or "Sorry,I'm not good at lag.Don't mind some details.". He never worked on it, besides a little thing when asked. This is not the case for the examples you provided, feos. There was a back and fourth of optimization between users. Xipo just hasn't done any improvement.
feos wrote:
TASeditor wrote:
You rejected the co-authorship by done exactly nothing, except little when being asked.
It's called an assumption. Why would we rely on assumptions in a hobby that consists of checking everything all the time?
From the log of PMs you can see how much he worked on this TAS. I never gotten any WIPs from him that were drastically different from what I initially sent him. And the co-authorship was only a proposal, not a promise. If he doesn't actively work on the project, with back and fourth of sharing improvements, then he's not getting co-authorship, but a credit in submission text. That's just common sense.
Favorite animal: STOCK Gt(ROSA)26Sortm1.1(rtTA,EGFP)Nagy Grm7Tg(SMN2)89Ahmb Smn1tm1Msd Tg(SMN2*delta7)4299Ahmb Tg(tetO-SMN2,-luc)#aAhmb/J YouTube Twitch
Experienced Forum User, Site Admin, Skilled player (1023)
Joined: 4/17/2010
Posts: 10642
Location: RU
NES TAS of 2011
My main question from the start was, has he sent you WIPs that were faster than yours? He just said it's clear from the video (it's not). I interpreted your previous replies as "yes he improved upon me, but then I improved upon him", now you're saying he didn't. Which part did I get wrong?
Warning: When making decisions, I try to collect as much data as possible before actually deciding. I try to abstract away and see the principles behind real world events and people's opinions. I try to generalize them and turn into something clear and reusable. I hate depending on unpredictable and having to make lottery guesses. Any problem can be solved by systems thinking and acting. If TASing is meta-play, TASVideos Movie Rules are meta-meta-play!
Editor, Experienced Forum User, Skilled player (1384)
Joined: 7/9/2010
Posts: 1312
Glitchy TAS of 2015NES TASer of 2014Speedy TAS of 2014NES TAS of 2013
feos wrote:
My main question from the start was, has he sent you WIPs that were faster than yours? He just said it's clear from the video (it's not). I interpreted your previous replies as "yes he improved upon me, but then I improved upon him", now you're saying he didn't. Which part did I get wrong?
No, he never did. He only change one button press and never completed the level. And the video is just full of lies and slander.
Favorite animal: STOCK Gt(ROSA)26Sortm1.1(rtTA,EGFP)Nagy Grm7Tg(SMN2)89Ahmb Smn1tm1Msd Tg(SMN2*delta7)4299Ahmb Tg(tetO-SMN2,-luc)#aAhmb/J YouTube Twitch
Banned User, Skilled player (1117)
Joined: 12/26/2006
Posts: 231
Location: Lonely City
Each evidence pictures in Videos with Red Border is also in Evidence Zip.Everyone can browse it.TASeditor,you can't easily think I was lying.Let me give you an example. TASeditor PM me in 2016-05-15 00:56:01: Can you please help me out once more. In 4-1 I can't kill the enemies with 2 hits. Here's input for reference,reference: User movie #30902866404504444 I'm ahead, but lots of position is lost. I PM TASeditor 2016-05-15 16:02:15: http://dehacked.2y.net/microstorage.php/info/1885869261/Kage%201player%20TAS4-1p%20fix.fm2(I gave him input) Continue this run,you will get what you want.The reason is that,the blade will cross the body every two time.So hit once,the next time,the blade will cross the enemy. It is clear that TASeditor met a great trouble.He couldn't go on.He would lost much frames there since bad status.He asked me for help.It is clear that I told him principle and gave him a new input.With my help,could he go on without any lost.Although I revised a little frames.Butthey were all important frames.My input is a real help saving much frames.You can't say "hey,you didn't help me,because you only chang a little frame".As everyone knows,every frame has infinite power in tas.Changing any frame will change all the tas.If TASeditor needn't my help,why did he PM me again and again?He should go on by himself when meeting trouble.
work hard

Locked