1 2 3 4 5
15 16
Experienced Forum User, Player (147)
Joined: 2/4/2011
Posts: 61
That's looking much better. I love that you got a bunny hood, for extra fast TAS goodness. I think Samus looks good, no need to redo. EDIT: Can I get some Dolphin help? When I try to enable all Chars and Stages AR code, and check enable cheats, Dolphin freezes when I click start during Melee's intro movie. I don't think I'm the first with this issue. Does anyone have a solution or an idea?
Experienced Forum User
Joined: 7/22/2009
Posts: 128
Location: Gatineau, Quebec, Canada
I said I'd redo samus... here it is: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kiKjunIVULQ I'm more satisfied with this one.
Taming Dolphin, one frame at a time
Active player, Experienced Forum User (409)
Joined: 4/21/2004
Posts: 3508
Location: Stockholm, Sweden
First edition TAS of 2015Innovative TAS of 2007
I have no idea who that is but that certainly does not look like samus. It looks lik a toad, a Battletoad! Nice wips by the way.
Nitrogenesis wrote:
Guys I come from the DidyKnogRacist communite, and you are all wrong, tihs is the run of the mileniun and everyone who says otherwise dosnt know any bater! I found this run vary ease to masturbate too!!!! Don't fuck with me, I know this game so that mean I'm always right!StupedfackincommunityTASVideoz!!!!!!
Arc wrote:
I enjoyed this movie in which hands firmly gripping a shaft lead to balls deep in multiple holes.
natt wrote:
I don't want to get involved in this discussion, but as a point of fact C# is literally the first goddamn thing on that fucking page you linked did you even fucking read it
Cooljay wrote:
Mayor Haggar and Cody are such nice people for the community. Metro City's hospitals reached an all time new record of incoming patients due to their great efforts :P
Editor, Experienced Forum User, Experienced player (571)
Joined: 11/8/2010
Posts: 3966
Exotic platforms TASer of 2014NES TAS of 2013
AngerFist wrote:
I have no idea who that is but that certainly does not look like samus.
It's Samus with a green-colored suit (which I don't think is actually in a Metroid game). I liked the old Samus fight, but I like this new one better. Good job improving the entertainment value.
Experienced Forum User
Joined: 7/22/2009
Posts: 128
Location: Gatineau, Quebec, Canada
Work in progress 3 finale. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KFVQVuhI96E
Taming Dolphin, one frame at a time
Active player, Experienced Forum User (409)
Joined: 4/21/2004
Posts: 3508
Location: Stockholm, Sweden
First edition TAS of 2015Innovative TAS of 2007
Your endurance is admirable. You are creating history, keep going my man, soon we will have our first Gamecube submission! I looooooooooove the sound of that.
Nitrogenesis wrote:
Guys I come from the DidyKnogRacist communite, and you are all wrong, tihs is the run of the mileniun and everyone who says otherwise dosnt know any bater! I found this run vary ease to masturbate too!!!! Don't fuck with me, I know this game so that mean I'm always right!StupedfackincommunityTASVideoz!!!!!!
Arc wrote:
I enjoyed this movie in which hands firmly gripping a shaft lead to balls deep in multiple holes.
natt wrote:
I don't want to get involved in this discussion, but as a point of fact C# is literally the first goddamn thing on that fucking page you linked did you even fucking read it
Cooljay wrote:
Mayor Haggar and Cody are such nice people for the community. Metro City's hospitals reached an all time new record of incoming patients due to their great efforts :P
Editor, Experienced Forum User, Experienced player (571)
Joined: 11/8/2010
Posts: 3966
Exotic platforms TASer of 2014NES TAS of 2013
Wak017 wrote:
Work in progress 3 finale. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KFVQVuhI96E
Looks great! You should put that fight in the final product. I'm looking forward to the finished movie!
Post subject: tas friendly
Experienced Forum User
Joined: 3/18/2006
Posts: 971
Location: Great Britain
i've found that this game is quite tas friendly
Experienced Forum User
Joined: 7/22/2009
Posts: 128
Location: Gatineau, Quebec, Canada
My latest WIP: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LxvuotxmGpc&feature=email&email=comment_received I might stop showing my WIPs for the surprise... But I ain't sure. It's also good to have some feedback after everything entertainment-related.
Taming Dolphin, one frame at a time
Experienced Forum User, Player (198)
Joined: 7/7/2006
Posts: 797
Location: US
The stuff you've posted recently is definitely much better. :)
Editor, Experienced Forum User, Experienced player (571)
Joined: 11/8/2010
Posts: 3966
Exotic platforms TASer of 2014NES TAS of 2013
That latest WIP is just amazing. The finished movie will be awesome!
Editor, Experienced Forum User, Experienced player (711)
Joined: 6/13/2006
Posts: 3300
Location: Massachussetts, USA
Speedy TAS of 2009
This is pretty darn cool Fox, Adventure Mode, Very Hard, No Damage There's been talk on IRC for this getting submitted... thoughts?
Homepage ☣ Retired
Experienced Forum User, Player (198)
Joined: 7/7/2006
Posts: 797
Location: US
Comicalflop wrote:
There's been talk on IRC for this getting submitted... thoughts?
Shine, shine, shine, shine, shine, (down throw or up smash.) The traversal levels were pretty good, the battles didn't really sway me though. There was a lot of repetition.
Noxxa
They/Them
Experienced Forum User, Expert player, Moderator (3838)
Joined: 8/14/2009
Posts: 4039
Location: The Netherlands
Exotic platforms TASer of 2018Exotic platforms TAS of 2018Exotic platforms TASer of 2017Exotic platforms TAS of 2017Exotic platforms TAS of 2017Exotic platforms TASer of 2016Exotic platforms TAS of 2016Gameboy TASer of 2013
I say submit. It's one of the most entertaining (complete) SSBM TASes I've seen so far. I think it shows off the "TAS" of it good enough.
http://www.youtube.com/Noxxa <dwangoAC> This is a TAS (...). Not suitable for all audiences. May cause undesirable side-effects. May contain emulator abuse. Emulator may be abusive. This product contains glitches known to the state of California to cause egg defects. <Masterjun> I'm just a guy arranging bits in a sequence which could potentially amuse other people looking at these bits <adelikat> In Oregon Trail, I sacrificed my own family to save time. In Star trek, I killed helpless comrades in escape pods to save time. Here, I kill my allies to save time. I think I need help.
Experienced Forum User
Joined: 6/26/2011
Posts: 167
I really, really liked this run. It didn't get so repetitive to be annoying. Have a couple questions/concerns, though. -Why does it start from full-unlocked SRAM? Adventure Mode can be done from a clean slate, so by site rules it probably should. -Why do you take time off to beat up polar bears and yetis in the Ice Climber stage? Also, it might be nice if it (or perhaps an alternate input file, so it doesn't get counted against completion time?) 'plays' through the credits, just for the sake of 100%ing the name blasting.
First a movie gets submitted, and ends up accepted despite breaking rules other runs have been rejected for. And when I vote less than spectacularly on this movie, I become the victim of harassment and threats. Yay, favoritism.
Experienced Forum User
Joined: 12/30/2009
Posts: 49
Ice Climbers show up at a set time after you start the level, no matter how quickly you go up the mountain. Also, I might be coming from an atypical perspective, but I didn't find the run that interesting. Something like Adventure, made in 2006 with much more restricted abilities (no savestates, etc.) still seems much more entertaining and varied, albeit not as quick. Nowadays we know Fox is capable of things like this. If this run is just trying to get the best speed, it's improvable. If there's a speed/entertainment tradeoff, I'd argue that it's worth showing off more of the game's potential.
Experienced Forum User, Player (147)
Joined: 2/4/2011
Posts: 61
This run was good, but nothing knocked my socks off. The Balows are skilled TASers to be sure, but their Melee videos leave something to be desired. Like keatsta said, Adventure was more entertaining, and I would add this one, made over a year ago. And I echo the sentiment that since it's going for speed/entertainment tradeoffs, there is not enough here (Like on the tiny DK stage, for one, and the credit roll). If it were up to me, this site would be called TASmelee.org, and every SSBM run worth a lick would be published. But since I know our standards, and that there will probably be 2 or at most 3 SSBM runs actually "published," I would wait for something better to come along. On a related note, would anyone like to start TASmelee.org with me?
Experienced Forum User
Joined: 7/22/2009
Posts: 128
Location: Gatineau, Quebec, Canada
tall wrote:
This run was good, but nothing knocked my socks off. The Balows are skilled TASers to be sure, but their Melee videos leave something to be desired. Like keatsta said, Adventure was more entertaining, and I would add this one, made over a year ago. And I echo the sentiment that since it's going for speed/entertainment tradeoffs, there is not enough here (Like on the tiny DK stage, for one, and the credit roll). If it were up to me, this site would be called TASmelee.org, and every SSBM run worth a lick would be published. But since I know our standards, and that there will probably be 2 or at most 3 SSBM runs actually "published," I would wait for something better to come along. On a related note, would anyone like to start TASmelee.org with me?
I wouldn't mind using my channel to gather such those videos. On another note, the TAS was pretty nice, but heh... I was also at the middle of a huge project for melee TAS to submit here =(.
Taming Dolphin, one frame at a time
Experienced Forum User
Joined: 12/30/2009
Posts: 49
Wak, based on your WIPs, I would support publishing your All-Star run. It shows off a lot of the interesting things in the game that aren't seen in typical play. I think your chain of phantom hits is almost impressive enough on its own. I guess there'd be a hiccup due to it starting with SRAM but whatever. That's the sort of run I think this site should have for Melee.
Editor, Experienced Forum User, Experienced player (571)
Joined: 11/8/2010
Posts: 3966
Exotic platforms TASer of 2014NES TAS of 2013
ReneBalow's TAS was pretty cool, but I still think Wak017 should submit the TAS he's been working on (first GameCube submission!).
Post subject: new candidate
Experienced Forum User
Joined: 3/18/2006
Posts: 971
Location: Great Britain
guys, i think i see a new candidate for publishing... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0DzH7lsaHWU
Editor, Experienced Forum User, Experienced player (571)
Joined: 11/8/2010
Posts: 3966
Exotic platforms TASer of 2014NES TAS of 2013
I don't think that will be published. It appears to start from a savestate. ;)
Experienced Forum User
Joined: 5/30/2011
Posts: 29
Stages like Brinstar and Icicle Mountain were entertaining to me, but I would have to agree that most battles are a bit repetitive. I feel stages like F-Zero Grand Prix and Underground Maze could be slightly improved. Otherwise, the run looks great, Rene! Wak's WIPs were pretty entertaining as well. Keep up the good work, guys!
Experienced Forum User
Joined: 7/30/2011
Posts: 129
Location: Watching a TAS in the basement...
Awesome WIP Wak! Just one thing. How DARE you call the God of Happiness a retard!
I am the future ruler of the world! My forum: http://elderyoshisisland.forumotion.com/
Experienced Forum User
Joined: 12/30/2009
Posts: 49
Just as an example, here's a new run of Fox on Adventure. This is the level I'd expect to see for a published movie.
1 2 3 4 5
15 16