1 2
4 5
Post subject: Castlevania Aria of Sorrow - He, too, was a fisher of souls.
Active player (310)
Joined: 2/28/2006
Posts: 2275
Location: Milky Way -> Earth -> Brazil
I was thinking about making a glitch movie on Castlevania - Aria of Sorrow, then I realized that someone had the same idea before... >_< But, according to the forum, it isn´t finished yet. (Maybe it´s because they discuss too much). Please correct me if I´m wrong. So that´s the plan. Although there´s a lot of time since I last played that game, I´ll do my best. **Wow... My last post got less about 10 minutes to get locked. I think I´m one of the fastest here
"Genuine self-esteem, however, consists not of causeless feelings, but of certain knowledge about yourself. It rests on the conviction that you — by your choices, effort and actions — have made yourself into the kind of person able to deal with reality. It is the conviction — based on the evidence of your own volitional functioning — that you are fundamentally able to succeed in life and, therefore, are deserving of that success." - Onkar Ghate
Bisqwit wrote:
Drama, too long, didn't read, lol.
Former player
Joined: 8/1/2004
Posts: 2687
Location: Seattle, WA
You can try to do better than my current work if you want to. I guarantee that you will lose time compared to me, though, and you'll have a pretty rough time getting the proper souls. The only reasons that my work is on hold is because I can't comfortably earn the Skeleton Knight soul and because I'm fairly busy with school. I don't think there will ever be "too much discussion" for a short run like a warp movie for Aria of Sorrow. Also, why didn't you just post in the old topic?
hi nitrodon streamline: cyn-chine
Post subject: Don´t get me wrong
Active player (310)
Joined: 2/28/2006
Posts: 2275
Location: Milky Way -> Earth -> Brazil
I´m not trying to pose as a super-ultra player. I´m sure my run won´t be as perfect as yours (looks like you´ve worked a lot). As I´m going to make my version of the movie, I started a new thread. If anytime I want to comment yours, I´ll go to the old one. Best regards
"Genuine self-esteem, however, consists not of causeless feelings, but of certain knowledge about yourself. It rests on the conviction that you — by your choices, effort and actions — have made yourself into the kind of person able to deal with reality. It is the conviction — based on the evidence of your own volitional functioning — that you are fundamentally able to succeed in life and, therefore, are deserving of that success." - Onkar Ghate
Bisqwit wrote:
Drama, too long, didn't read, lol.
Emulator Coder, Skilled player (1302)
Joined: 12/21/2004
Posts: 2687
You don't have to be a "super-ultra player", most of the time it just takes patience. You can make this movie if you want to but it will just be for practice (probably won't be published on the nesvideos site) if it's not as good as Zurreco's is so far.
Active player (310)
Joined: 2/28/2006
Posts: 2275
Location: Milky Way -> Earth -> Brazil
I didn´t say "it wíll be a crap run". I just think that if its extremely perfect, it may look artificial. The human flaw has its enchantments as well.
"Genuine self-esteem, however, consists not of causeless feelings, but of certain knowledge about yourself. It rests on the conviction that you — by your choices, effort and actions — have made yourself into the kind of person able to deal with reality. It is the conviction — based on the evidence of your own volitional functioning — that you are fundamentally able to succeed in life and, therefore, are deserving of that success." - Onkar Ghate
Bisqwit wrote:
Drama, too long, didn't read, lol.
Joined: 1/23/2006
Posts: 352
Location: Germany
I just think that if its extremely perfect, it may look artificial. That's fine, they aren't supposed to look natural on this site.
Post subject: Once again
Active player (310)
Joined: 2/28/2006
Posts: 2275
Location: Milky Way -> Earth -> Brazil
Important things (IMHO): --When I say "artificial" I mean "without personality", or "easily predictable". Some videos here are quite fun, but others... They just don´t have all the qualities mentioned at the Why and How section. It´s kind of "1-start the game. 2- make all the stage without ever being touched and defeat the boss in less than 5 seconds. 3-Repeat step 2 in all of the next stages. This is a true CYBORG RUN. --I think a good run is something like a Formula 1 race, but the cars must not have brakes and the pilots must be totally drunk. --About my run, IT´S NOT THE SAME AS TURRECO´S. I´m not competing or trying to best him.
"Genuine self-esteem, however, consists not of causeless feelings, but of certain knowledge about yourself. It rests on the conviction that you — by your choices, effort and actions — have made yourself into the kind of person able to deal with reality. It is the conviction — based on the evidence of your own volitional functioning — that you are fundamentally able to succeed in life and, therefore, are deserving of that success." - Onkar Ghate
Bisqwit wrote:
Drama, too long, didn't read, lol.
Former player
Joined: 8/1/2004
Posts: 2687
Location: Seattle, WA
THANK YOU FOR MISPELLING MY NAME, GENERIC GAMEFAQS NAME PS IF YOU SUBMIT THIS MOVIE AND THEN I SUBMIT MINE, COMPETITION WILL OCCURR
hi nitrodon streamline: cyn-chine
Active player (278)
Joined: 5/29/2004
Posts: 5712
Wasn't pirate_sephiroth going to use hard mode?
put yourself in my rocketpack if that poochie is one outrageous dude
Post subject: More Notes
Active player (310)
Joined: 2/28/2006
Posts: 2275
Location: Milky Way -> Earth -> Brazil
I have extensively played this game, but on the real gba. I have not seen nothing but the very first WIP run of Zurreco, and I have not read his entire thread (only the first page). So, there will be huge differences.
"Genuine self-esteem, however, consists not of causeless feelings, but of certain knowledge about yourself. It rests on the conviction that you — by your choices, effort and actions — have made yourself into the kind of person able to deal with reality. It is the conviction — based on the evidence of your own volitional functioning — that you are fundamentally able to succeed in life and, therefore, are deserving of that success." - Onkar Ghate
Bisqwit wrote:
Drama, too long, didn't read, lol.
Joined: 1/23/2006
Posts: 352
Location: Germany
Hard mode must be unlocked by finishing the game once. So we could either see a triple run-through (once normal, once hard, once Julius) or the run would have to use save RAM or savestates, which I don't think is acceptable.
Active player (278)
Joined: 5/29/2004
Posts: 5712
It will be!
put yourself in my rocketpack if that poochie is one outrageous dude
Active player (310)
Joined: 2/28/2006
Posts: 2275
Location: Milky Way -> Earth -> Brazil
There´s no other way to enable hard mode. SRAM is required, it´s a necessary evil. But I make a brand new game, without carying items or souls or nothing from the previous one.
"Genuine self-esteem, however, consists not of causeless feelings, but of certain knowledge about yourself. It rests on the conviction that you — by your choices, effort and actions — have made yourself into the kind of person able to deal with reality. It is the conviction — based on the evidence of your own volitional functioning — that you are fundamentally able to succeed in life and, therefore, are deserving of that success." - Onkar Ghate
Bisqwit wrote:
Drama, too long, didn't read, lol.
Post subject: Re: Once again
Former player
Joined: 9/1/2005
Posts: 803
pirate_sephiroth wrote:
--I think a good run is something like a Formula 1 race, but the cars must not have brakes and the pilots must be totally drunk.
So basically you think it should be rather sloppy and shortly into the run you should die?
--About my run, IT´S NOT THE SAME AS ZURRECO´S. I´m not competing or trying to best him.
I personally think you would have difficulty trying to beat Zurreco's run when its done, he's an evil evil frame hunter that guy :P also, regarding this:
<pirate_sephiroth> it´s atma´s aria of sorrow. it just refuses to work properly, although its the correct rom <AnotherGamer> Well I don't get how it's supposedly in .fcm form <AnotherGamer> Must've got the wrong movie <pirate_sephiroth> It´s the same as the vbm one. I don´t know where´s the problem <pirate_sephiroth> The only differece is the extension <pirate_sephiroth> The header says it´s ok <pirate_sephiroth> Um... I see it now... The header is WRONG! It´s for the US version. Zurreco and I use the Europe one.
While when i submitted it, it was a vbm, I only just downloaded it and noticed (and laughed a bit), just rename it to vbm and it'll work fine in the US rom (I just renamed it, and watched it without problems). Note that Zurreco also uses the US rom, not the European rom, as when recording from power on, the European rom has a language select menu, the US version doesn't.
Joined: 1/23/2006
Posts: 352
Location: Germany
There´s no other way to enable hard mode. SRAM is required, it´s a necessary evil. I think it won't be accepted. If something isn't accessible without save RAM that usually means it's not permitted for a TAS. That's to make sure the initial state and the game behaviour are known and standardized so noone can hide cheats in the saveRAM (perhaps using a buffer overflow exploit or somesuch) and do things the game wouldn't normally allow.
Emulator Coder, Skilled player (1302)
Joined: 12/21/2004
Posts: 2687
KDR_11k wrote:
I think it won't be accepted. If something isn't accessible without save RAM that usually means it's not permitted for a TAS. That's to make sure the initial state and the game behaviour are known and standardized so noone can hide cheats in the saveRAM (perhaps using a buffer overflow exploit or somesuch) and do things the game wouldn't normally allow.
I think some exceptions can be made for this. Especially in this case (for a hard mode run) if the SRAM it starts with is the same thing that Atma's published from-start movie ends with. (Which is something that anybody can verify without even needing any emulator modifications.)
Post subject: More Answers
Active player (310)
Joined: 2/28/2006
Posts: 2275
Location: Milky Way -> Earth -> Brazil
--to Atma: I didn´t say you should die, but you should always look like having suicidal tendencies. About the rom, I just don´t know. I think the (U) & the (E) version should have different headers. If Zurreco uses the (U) one, why does he press start so many times at the very start of it? And my main target isn´t make the fastest run. I want to make it fast and enjoyable. Essentially enjoyable.
"Genuine self-esteem, however, consists not of causeless feelings, but of certain knowledge about yourself. It rests on the conviction that you — by your choices, effort and actions — have made yourself into the kind of person able to deal with reality. It is the conviction — based on the evidence of your own volitional functioning — that you are fundamentally able to succeed in life and, therefore, are deserving of that success." - Onkar Ghate
Bisqwit wrote:
Drama, too long, didn't read, lol.
Post subject: Re: More Answers
Former player
Joined: 9/1/2005
Posts: 803
pirate_sephiroth wrote:
--to Atma: I didn´t say you should die, but you should always look like having suicidal tendencies.
I can't exactly see that as being a good point for a game like this, suicidal tendancies, as you put it, would more or less have you being hit by random enemies to cause damage to lower your health, to make it look like one hit and you're dead. That to me would hardly prove enjoyable to watch. Unless you're talking about something totally different.
About the rom, I just don´t know. I think the (U) & the (E) version should have different headers. If Zurreco uses the (U) one, why does he press start so many times at the very start of it?
From the few runs of his I have, he presses no more buttons than neccessary to advance at the optimal pace, at which he's very good at doing in this game. His text optimization is excellent, and I'm reasonably sure he could save a few frames on the dialogues I did in my tas, despite them being pretty well optimized.
And my main target isn´t make the fastest run. I want to make it fast and enjoyable. Essentially enjoyable.
I think doing it on hard mode would pull away from that. Hard mode offers a grand total of -nothing- that adds to entertainment value in this game. It simply makes it so it takes longer to kill everything, which would degrade the viewing experience in my opinion.
Joined: 7/28/2004
Posts: 57
Actually, Hard Mode has the handguns which are pretty funny. But your point is taken.
Joined: 1/23/2006
Posts: 352
Location: Germany
The normal handgun is in normal mode as well, the silver handgun is only in hard. And the proton rifle can only be gotten through Boss Rush mode. Atma: I think he means dodging attacks by one pixel or frame and especially actions that look like they would damage you but don't.
Post subject: What the heck...
Active player (310)
Joined: 2/28/2006
Posts: 2275
Location: Milky Way -> Earth -> Brazil
I´ve choosen hard mode cuz´ I´m really used to it. It´s A LOT better than normal mode. Since the enemies have rock-hard defense it´s not possible to play the superman style speedrun (kiling everything that moves), instead, they should be avoided. And don´t forget the new weapons, like Kaiser Knuckles and Silver Handgun. Normal mode is just boring, when you play the game for a long time.
"Genuine self-esteem, however, consists not of causeless feelings, but of certain knowledge about yourself. It rests on the conviction that you — by your choices, effort and actions — have made yourself into the kind of person able to deal with reality. It is the conviction — based on the evidence of your own volitional functioning — that you are fundamentally able to succeed in life and, therefore, are deserving of that success." - Onkar Ghate
Bisqwit wrote:
Drama, too long, didn't read, lol.
Joined: 3/19/2005
Posts: 63
Location: SuPeRZzT LaNd
Aww man, where's Zurreco? Just when I was getting into this soap opera our allstar cast goes on hiatus. Oh well, we'lll go to the episode guide: September proposes an idea on a new time machine: "I have the new time machine" Zenguin disagrees: "Your time machine will never be as good as mine. You can try to make a time machine faster than mine but you'll fail" September replies "I don't intend to, it'll be a different time machine" and says to the masses "For the last time it'll be different than Penguin's technology!" Pengui-err Zenguin replies: Argh for the last time I am not Batman's arch-nemesis.. You will pay, generic month of the year. There will be competition. September: "I never intended it to be. It'll be different d00d. I only had enough money to buy your first book, so my theory will be quite different." Zenguin: . YOU CANNOT CUT BACK ON FUNDING.. YOU WILL REGRET THIS. ... END OF EPISODE 1 Good quality morning show drama there.. Going back on topic I wish you luck on it, Mr. Pirate. It's not a bad game, though I prefer Julius mode since you don't have to go through a whole bunch of boring soul searching, I did like it cuz of the curly soul. It's not every day you see a pale midget japanese boi turn into a big-busted 4 armed black woman with 4 swords. Quite the novelty. I never heard of the silver handgun thing myself, but I'll believe you on it. That was the other thing i disliked about the game.. you had to wait half the game to get the cool gun weapon and by the time you got it it was more like a novelty weapon.. but you can't top the gun. Everyone needs to pack a little heat sometimes. The game otherwise has lots of fun value
HWIOHIIOWHIOHIDH HEBlkbnrkashpoirhjpakirhkl;23332232322
Active player (278)
Joined: 5/29/2004
Posts: 5712
Man, the TV guide always does make it sound more interesting than it really is.
put yourself in my rocketpack if that poochie is one outrageous dude
Former player
Joined: 8/1/2004
Posts: 2687
Location: Seattle, WA
gamedirector wrote:
Aww man, where's Zurreco? Just when I was getting into this soap opera our allstar cast goes on hiatus.
From my time on the forums, I've learned that following threads like this is rarely worth the time. 99% of the time, the people claiming to make a run either back out or make terrible attempts.
hi nitrodon streamline: cyn-chine
Former player
Joined: 7/29/2005
Posts: 459
Location: Brazil
Zurreco wrote:
From my time on the forums, I've learned that following threads like this is rarely worth the time. 99% of the time, the people claiming to make a run either back out or make terrible attempts.
omg.. one more xebra in the nesvideos.. if you have something against these kind of ppl, PLEASE just ignore, we dont need to know how rude you are. today, he may not do a good run, but tomorrow.. you never know.. so please, instead of posting these dumb words, why dont you give it some support? Or, at least, respect. please.
<small>My big signature was cleared by admin; i should read <a href="http://tasvideos.org/ForumRules.html">forum rules</a>. But... who does?</small>
1 2
4 5