Post subject: Digimon World!
Joined: 6/27/2007
Posts: 137
Location: Germany
Hey^^ Now that the rerecording psx emu is getting better... I thought: "Will there be someone to TAS DW?" I found a complete walktrough on youtube played by a 14-year old boy with ePSXe. It has 31 Parts and can be found here: http://www.youtube.com/view_play_list?p=58925DC3F452D168 But do you think this is a TAS'able game? I mean... You need A LOT of time to get to the different places and things. And have to spent a lot of time for digivolving etc. Imho it would take more than 5 hours. The training is easy imho. With Luck Manipulation you can get every time the three golden poops at the bars thing. (If you know what i mean xD) To get an enormous boost every time. WIll someone take this challenge on? Or is this really an unTASable game as I think? What do you think could be the best route? And with what Digimon would you start? Agu or Gabumon? /Discuss 8)
Experienced player (824)
Joined: 11/18/2006
Posts: 2426
Location: Back where I belong
5 hours of a pokemon knockoff? O_O You'd have to be a pretty hardcore fan of the game to even attempt to sit through that.
Living Well Is The Best Revenge My Personal Page
Joined: 6/27/2007
Posts: 137
Location: Germany
mmbossman wrote:
5 hours of a pokemon knockoff? O_O You'd have to be a pretty hardcore fan of the game to even attempt to sit through that.
Hehe atm i'm at part 26 from 31 xD (Jeah i like Digimon o.o) btw. thats just a raw estimated time by ME! I just took the 31 vids and multiplied it with aprox. 10 mins to get 310 mins. (allthough this run could be longer because he has very much cutscenes with text and shortcuts also BIG Cuts because he didn't showed how he trained. Like in one movie he got fresh Seadramon and in the SAME movie he just said:"I trained it A LOT!" and in this same movie he suddenly had stats at about 3000 and 300.)
N._Harmonik
She/Her
Joined: 8/27/2006
Posts: 502
Location: Canada
mmbossman wrote:
5 hours of a pokemon knockoff? O_O You'd have to be a pretty hardcore fan of the game to even attempt to sit through that.
Excuse me?! I most distinctly recall seeing commercials of the original Digimon virtual pet a least a year before Pokemon came out here!
Why, oh, why do I even <i>try</i> to understand my own species?
Active player (310)
Joined: 2/28/2006
Posts: 2275
Location: Milky Way -> Earth -> Brazil
N.Harmonik wrote:
Excuse me?! I most distinctly recall seeing commercials of the original Digimon virtual pet a least a year before I Pokemon came out here!
Yeah, I guess things went a bit different in Canada. Because Pocket Monster (the game) came out in 1995 or 1996, and Digital Monster(the tamagotchi style virtual pet) in 1997.
"Genuine self-esteem, however, consists not of causeless feelings, but of certain knowledge about yourself. It rests on the conviction that you — by your choices, effort and actions — have made yourself into the kind of person able to deal with reality. It is the conviction — based on the evidence of your own volitional functioning — that you are fundamentally able to succeed in life and, therefore, are deserving of that success." - Onkar Ghate
Bisqwit wrote:
Drama, too long, didn't read, lol.
Joined: 6/27/2007
Posts: 137
Location: Germany
Hmm... What route do prefer most? My route is always: Train all stats to 1000/100 then recruit the first few digimon. (Agumon, Palmon, Kunemon, Coelamon) The Enter the Jungle to get Betamon and recruit Bakemon. After that i go to the Drill Tunnel, defeat Drimogemon and get Meramon after the work there. The next stop is Drive Savanna, and the Misty Forest. Then it just depends^^ btw. do you know any useful glitches? Afaik there aren't any great.
Joined: 12/10/2007
Posts: 260
Location: Oregon
I'd watch this run, I played this game so much a few years ago. I remember how hard the game was, you could never get an ultimate because your guy would either die or get too tired from training after a while. I still have never beaten this game and I'd like to figure out how to get an ultimate.
Joined: 6/27/2007
Posts: 137
Location: Germany
Its pretty easy actually^^ Just use a guide a train the wanted stats. Allthough it was nearly impossible for me to get an ultimate on the first try... DId someone visited the speeddemosarchive forums? They started a long time ago a Digimon World thread with great plannings and everything. YOu can find it here: http://speeddemosarchive.com/forum/index.php?PHPSESSID=fc422eac33c07201fe286ef4ed949c3e&topic=8340.0 (maybe you can push it if you want xD)
Joined: 8/20/2012
Posts: 10
Location: Japan
I'd like to make TAS DW. However, a large quantity of rags sometimes occur when I play this game with an emu and may not accept operation during several seconds. Because this phenomenon has a big influence on the speed run, I am troubled, but I want you to hear an opinion how it is a thing that produce with holding the malfunction of the emu as TAS, but how will? (It is hard for me to express in English, so I think whether wrong points including the grammar is seen, but please permit it(>_<))
Patashu
He/Him
Joined: 10/2/2005
Posts: 4030
mozkf wrote:
I'd like to make TAS DW. However, a large quantity of rags sometimes occur when I play this game with an emu and may not accept operation during several seconds. Because this phenomenon has a big influence on the speed run, I am troubled, but I want you to hear an opinion how it is a thing that produce with holding the malfunction of the emu as TAS, but how will? (It is hard for me to express in English, so I think whether wrong points including the grammar is seen, but please permit it(>_<))
Have you tried emulating Digimon World on different computers/someone else's computer? It may help narrow down the cause of the problem.
My Chiptune music, made in Famitracker: http://soundcloud.com/patashu My twitch. I stream mostly shmups & rhythm games http://twitch.tv/patashu My youtube, again shmups and rhythm games and misc stuff: http://youtube.com/user/patashu
Joined: 8/20/2012
Posts: 10
Location: Japan
Patashu wrote:
Have you tried emulating Digimon World on different computers/someone else's computer? It may help narrow down the cause of the problem.
I had not yet tested it with other computers, but this phenomenon seemed to really happen to other people.(I confirmed it in the latest edition of pcsx-rr and psxjin) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T9uqA-Ws8gY&feature=youtu.be
Active player (434)
Joined: 4/21/2004
Posts: 3517
Location: Stockholm, Sweden
It would be a damn shame if this issue won't be resolved anytime soon because I really enjoyed playing this game when I was younger and it was pretty hard (the final boss was a pain).
Nitrogenesis wrote:
Guys I come from the DidyKnogRacist communite, and you are all wrong, tihs is the run of the mileniun and everyone who says otherwise dosnt know any bater! I found this run vary ease to masturbate too!!!! Don't fuck with me, I know this game so that mean I'm always right!StupedfackincommunityTASVideoz!!!!!!
Arc wrote:
I enjoyed this movie in which hands firmly gripping a shaft lead to balls deep in multiple holes.
natt wrote:
I don't want to get involved in this discussion, but as a point of fact C# is literally the first goddamn thing on that fucking page you linked did you even fucking read it
Cooljay wrote:
Mayor Haggar and Cody are such nice people for the community. Metro City's hospitals reached an all time new record of incoming patients due to their great efforts :P
Joined: 11/25/2012
Posts: 4
Well guys, the estimate of 5 hours is completely wrong. We have a 2:36:42 run on the NTSC version. I'm guessing a TAS could easily reduce that time due to more efficient movement and eliminating the need to worry what digimon you are. Link to video There are 11 segments (regarding the videos), but the actual run is a SS run and was streamed live on twitch, it was done by Jinzo92 (www.twitch.tv/jinzo92). Note that although this was done in an emulator, it was SS (I witnessed it and it is still in his VODs) and the emulator was running at the correct 60fps for the NTSC version (PAL runs at 50fps). So if any TASers want to give this a go, we'd appreciate it and it'd help us out a lot.
Player (49)
Joined: 10/18/2011
Posts: 45
I myself would like to know how exactly one would go about manipulating the slots on Bonus Try during training. Playing this on an emulator, sometimes its possible, sometimes it isn't. There's something that seems to pre-determine whether the game will allow you to line up three golden poops on the slot machine. Anyone examined the code and figured out what decides this?
Joined: 8/20/2012
Posts: 10
Location: Japan
Drakodan wrote:
I myself would like to know how exactly one would go about manipulating the slots on Bonus Try during training. Playing this on an emulator, sometimes its possible, sometimes it isn't. There's something that seems to pre-determine whether the game will allow you to line up three golden poops on the slot machine. Anyone examined the code and figured out what decides this?
I have settled TAS of this game for a past (in Japanese-version), and various things seem to be decided by four kinds of random numbers somehow or other. I did not understand the detailed thing after all, but the address that a random number is stored is like 0x9010 - 3.
Joined: 11/25/2012
Posts: 4
What was the time on your TAS mozkf? Or expected time? Because you really don't even need to train in this game to complete it under three hours. So slots isn't really a big issue.
Joined: 8/20/2012
Posts: 10
Location: Japan
The record of my video any% is 328862F, Prosperity degree MAX is 589216F. When there is time, I contribute it. I adjust it by basic movement moving a chief character as an adjustment method of the slots which I performed (whenever digimon stops movement, a random number changes one by one) and use the effect of the floppy when time suffers by the method and move a random number at a stretch. Because I prepared the following video, look at the detailed thing (part of prosperity degree MAXTAS that I made). http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Yj11va6i3U
Joined: 11/25/2012
Posts: 4
I take back my comment. That is brilliant, do you think it is applicable outside a TAS?
Joined: 8/20/2012
Posts: 10
Location: Japan
eddalius wrote:
I take back my comment. That is brilliant, do you think it is applicable outside a TAS?
In training, I think that this method is possible enough outside TAS. However, of course the technique to stop a slot precisely is necessary.
Joined: 2/15/2009
Posts: 329
Hey a new project for me to work on for a few days...
Working on: Legend of Legaia, Vagrant Story
Joined: 8/20/2012
Posts: 10
Location: Japan
Uploads have been completed! any% → http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XP5ZoCa_sfg prosperity degree 100 → http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SREV4WGCp5s
Active player (434)
Joined: 4/21/2004
Posts: 3517
Location: Stockholm, Sweden
mozkf, are your runs ready to be submitted? Please say yes :)
Nitrogenesis wrote:
Guys I come from the DidyKnogRacist communite, and you are all wrong, tihs is the run of the mileniun and everyone who says otherwise dosnt know any bater! I found this run vary ease to masturbate too!!!! Don't fuck with me, I know this game so that mean I'm always right!StupedfackincommunityTASVideoz!!!!!!
Arc wrote:
I enjoyed this movie in which hands firmly gripping a shaft lead to balls deep in multiple holes.
natt wrote:
I don't want to get involved in this discussion, but as a point of fact C# is literally the first goddamn thing on that fucking page you linked did you even fucking read it
Cooljay wrote:
Mayor Haggar and Cody are such nice people for the community. Metro City's hospitals reached an all time new record of incoming patients due to their great efforts :P
Joined: 8/20/2012
Posts: 10
Location: Japan
AngerFist wrote:
mozkf, are your runs ready to be submitted? Please say yes :)
If you say this is just good, so I am to be ready to submit it.
Active player (434)
Joined: 4/21/2004
Posts: 3517
Location: Stockholm, Sweden
Well I didn't understand some parts of your any% run. I have not watched all segments but so far, I've understood that you have upgraded your digimons.
Nitrogenesis wrote:
Guys I come from the DidyKnogRacist communite, and you are all wrong, tihs is the run of the mileniun and everyone who says otherwise dosnt know any bater! I found this run vary ease to masturbate too!!!! Don't fuck with me, I know this game so that mean I'm always right!StupedfackincommunityTASVideoz!!!!!!
Arc wrote:
I enjoyed this movie in which hands firmly gripping a shaft lead to balls deep in multiple holes.
natt wrote:
I don't want to get involved in this discussion, but as a point of fact C# is literally the first goddamn thing on that fucking page you linked did you even fucking read it
Cooljay wrote:
Mayor Haggar and Cody are such nice people for the community. Metro City's hospitals reached an all time new record of incoming patients due to their great efforts :P
Joined: 11/25/2012
Posts: 4
I started to attempt to examine this game and pull it to pieces. Mozkf, anything you can tell me about the RNG system? I know that is cycles 1 time when an animation of the digimon finishes, which results in 2 changes when you scold/praise and 3 or so when you feed it something. Do you know if it resets on saving and then reloading? Or not? I'm trying to apply what you have done in the TAS into an RTA run. :D