VBA rerecording 19.3 was used for the creation of this TAS.
- Aims for fastest time
- Takes damage to save time
- No warps/passwords used
This is my first TAS, and I decided to improve OgreSlayeR's "full" Circle of the Moon TAS. This is an improvement of 2540 frames (42.3 seconds) over the previous submission.
I get a Cotton Robe from an early enemy to get more INT, which let me have the DSS-combos active for a longer time, and also gives me a slight DEF-increase. This robe allows me to take a different route, which is a great timesaver. I also visit one less save room than the previous run does. I take a smaller detour in the first room of the Machine Tower, where I have to wait next to a Fox Hunter for a couple of frames (Around frame 23850, where I have to wait for the moving platform to lower itself). This move itself gains me 22 frames.
- The different routes gains me about 1000 frames
- By using the Cotton Robe, I get more INT (Basically more MP), and can therefore keep the dash DSS between Cerberus and the save point, which saves me around 200 frames.
- I slide and kill a few Skeletons on the way to the Eternal Corridor and the Underground Waterway, this saves me about 5 frames per Skeleton.
- I manage to get an extra hit on Hugh before he does the Grand Anchor-move, so I'll only have to throw one bone after his move.
- I gain around 200 frames by manipulating Dracula to do 2 charges (The minimum), instead of 3.
- The rest of the frames are gained by taking more damage, more precise jumping, and better disposal of the speech-boxes.
I would like to thank the following people:
- JXQ for getting me started with TASing
- moozooh for mentioning countless of improvements
- Zurreco for encouraging me through the creation of the run
- adelikat, Upthorn, Baxter and Brushy for support
- Everyone else who has been supporting me
- OgreSlayeR for the previous TAS