Download updated movie here
This movie is an improvement of #1437: Upthorn & JXQ's Genesis Sonic the Hedgehog in 18:07.63
- Aims for fastest time
- Takes damage to save time
- Abuses programming errors
- Ignores delays caused by bonus effects
Emulator used Gens 9Z
Suggested Screenshot: Frame 14709
In level times:
|Green Hill 1||0:24||Upthorn|
|Green Hill 2||0:13||Upthorn|
|Green Hill 3||0:30||Upthorn|
|Marble Zone 1||0:15||AKA|
|Marble Zone 2||0:38||Carretero|
|Marble Zone 3||0:33||Carretero|
|Spring Yard 1||0:22||Upthorn|
|Spring Yard 2||0:28||Upthorn|
|Spring Yard 3||0:58||JXQ|
|Labyrinth Zone 1||0:40||JXQ|
|Labyrinth Zone 2||0:26||AKA|
|Labyrinth Zone 3||1:07||JXQ|
|Starlight Zone 1||0:21||Upthorn|
|Starlight Zone 2||0:16||Upthorn|
|Starlight Zone 3||0:42||Upthorn|
|Scrap Brain 1||0:32||JXQ|
|Scrap Brain 2||0:31||ChaosControl|
|Scrap Brain 3||0:11||Carretero|
This movie is a synchronized compilation of various independent parts. Each part consists of an act and his author is displayed in player column.
- Green Hill 2 - The strategy of getting inside the wall after bouncing off the bee was performed before by nfq. Zipping from the wall to the goal was discovered later by Upthorn.
- Marble 1 (*) - There is a glitch in each entrance to the castle in marble zone. On the first act AKA made it useful and the level could be completed in 15 seconds. It requires a bit of sub pixel positioning to get off screen jump to work. This glitch enables traveling from almost the beginning to the end of the act.
- Marble 2 (*) - There is a hidden way to cross a wall that involves many seconds. To perform the glitch hit the monitor making it fall down, then get under it and Sonic will be pushed inside the wall. It seems a bit complicated but it can be done in real time easily with some practice.
- Marble 3 (*) - The main marble zone glitch can be also performed in this act. This time Carretero showed how to use it to reduce the time significantly.
- Laberynt 2 (*) - Can't imagine how nobody discovered the glitch used here before. It is a very easy glitch that can also be used in Laberynt 3 (not useful there).
- Starlight 3 - Upthorn made better optimization of slope roll and slope jumping that allows for some sick speeds here.
- Scrap Brain 1 - The basics of this glitch involve ducking on the platform to enter the wall. Once inside, pressing left will blast sonic to the right at a ridiculous velocity the screen can't hope to match. Because Sonic is going so fast, he can pass through certain walls / obstacles. By the time the screen finds Sonic, he has already ran through an area that normally would require a lot of pausing, due to fire and crushers.
- Scrap Brain 2 - ChaosControl showed an ingenious glitch that helped to beat this level.
- Scrap Brain 3 (*) - In this act there is a quick way to go directly to the end; the glitch could not be in a better place. Once lodged into the wall, hold left and sonic becomes absorbed like in quicksand.
(*) All marked improvements are the result of some never-seen-before glitches. They were discovered by Carretero playing Sonic the Hedgehog backwards. The hack Sonic1 - Return to the Origin shows this unexplored direction.
Especial thanks to JXQ who promoted TASing Sonic the Hedgehog by publising the first complete movie. Thanks to Carretero, Upthorn, AKA and ChaosControl for contributing to this art.
NesVideoAgent: Hi! I am a robot. I took a few screenshots of this movie and placed them here. I'm not sure I got the right ROM though. (I tried
Sonic The Hedgehog 3 (J) [!].gen, which was the closest match to what you wrote.) Well, here goes! Feel free to clean up the list.