- Goes for fastest time
- Hardest difficulty
- No damage
- L+R and U+D to save time
Revenge of Shinobi is the sequel to the SMS port of Shinobi, the prequel to Shinobi III, and related to Shadow Dancer. This is an improvement on the efforts of Neofix (13:40.83) and jhp (13:35.22).
Changes and notes:
- More dangerous/daring style
- No grinding against walls
- (1-2) You could sneak under the bamboo traps, but I found a faster way.
- (1-3) Hit the boss sooner
[Dark Mana][mikwuyma, via Dark Mana]
- (2-2) More direct route
- (3-1, 7-1, 7-2, 8-1) Killed offscreen enemies to prevent lag
- (3-2) Picked up a 50-pack of shurikens while waiting for the elevator
- (4-1) Non-damage boost off Stallone's shoulder to save a few frames [Qlex]
- (5-3) 4x shuriken spread takes out the first target without stopping.
- (6-1) No lightning shield necessary
- (7-2) Scrolled some bullets off the screen vertically to save some waiting
- (8-2) Faster route through the maze
- (8-3) The speed and range of the boss retaliation depends partly on his HP or how many times he's been hit. I can't make them all fast. (Mike Uyama seems to have known this for his speedrun.)
Known differences between REV00 and other versions:
- Most important, this is the only one with all the "original" character designs.
- One less splash screen at startup
- The logs in 2-1 have different timing.
This movie will not sync on other versions.
Getting bumped or taking damage makes you stop when you touch ground. Also, taking damage makes you lose powerup. That's why this is no damage.
Attack magic doesn't do damage where it would help (final boss) and would be a waste of time anywhere else.
Truncated: Nice improvements. Accepting.