- Emulator: BizHawk 2.8
- Core: NymaShock
- Input device: GunCom
- Goal: beat the boss "Antlion" of Special Mission mode as fast as possible
- Aims for in-game time, at the cost of sacrificing real-time
- Beat the known TAS
- The faster the enemy disappear, the faster you advance to the next wave or room.
- Shoot an enemy on the top of the head to make them disappear faster.
- Shoot an enemy three times to make them disappear even faster.
- Reload the gun magazine multiple times to manipulate RNG and get different enemy spawns.
- In some rooms, shooting extra shoots speeds up the game by a frame each. This doesn't save in-game time, but only real time.
- While keeping in mind all of the above, find the optimal order in which shooting the enemies and reloading.
For the publisher
- Please use this movie for the extended inputs.
- Please make the crosshair invisible. PSX > Settings > Crosshair 1 > 16777216
- Please make an alternate encode that removes the screen flashes.
feos: Claiming for judging.
feos: I think it makes perfect sense to judge this run together with the other two. This branch is very different from the Lepoediatra boss run, but much less so from Mechanoid.
|Ballroom||Shopping Mall||Shopping Mall|
|Swimming Pool||Arms Factory||Parking Lot|
As I mentioned in #7702: ThunderAxe31's PSX Time Crisis "Special mode, Lepoediatra boss" in 09:11.87, this branch would stand great against Lepoediatra in terms of different rooms featured, by both old and new rules. Not that I'd actually try to apply the old rules here, just saying there's really no reason to demand those runs to be in Moons.