Okay, I have seen the movie. I have taken some notes while watching.
- I saw you did use Navi Mode. Good. I like the remixed music.
- I noticed you used autofire during the title and menu sequences. This is bad, because autofire is not always optimal.
- I noticed you used the same route as Shinryuu. However, could it not have been faster starting at Flame Man? There's no charge glitch to worry about anymore, and Rush Jet Adapter could save quite a bit of time in Wind Man's stage.
- In Wind Man's fight, you may have been able to fit in the uncharged shot optimally after a charged shot, rather than just right at the end.
- Flame Man fight was not optimal. He could have been luck manipulated better so he doesn't jump.
- From Blizzard Man's stage on, the instant weapon switching was already looking neat. I liked the use of Wind and Flame weapons.
- Blizzard Man's fight was badly luck manipulated. You should have manipulated him so he doesn't use the roll attack.
- I saw you use some unnecessary weapn switches in Plant Man's stage, especially after the boss fight. This causes unnecessary lag, slowing you down slightly. This also happened a couple times further on.
- I may be wrong, but it looked like there were more waits in the spring section of Plant Man's stage than necessary.
- You took very sloppy-looking damage at the end of Tomahawk's battle.
- Knight Man fight also suffered from bad manipulation. It would be faster if he stayed on the ground rather than jumping high and you using Rush Jet to reach him.
- Near the end of Centaur Man's stage, you used the bottom entrance for the boss fight. Isn't the top one faster in the PSX version because you could almost freely hover there? It would save one screen transition.
- Centaur Man fight was another fight that had bad manipulation. You should have manipulated him to walk, not to teleport.
- The Mettonger Z bossfight (Mr. X 3 stage) had a very sloppy looking ending. Couldn't you just hit him with a last power fist from the front?
- There were noticable delays between some hits in the Mr. X fight.
- Mechazaurus, the Wily 1 boss, again suffered from bad luck manipulation.
- During the boss refights in Wily 3, I noticed luck manipulation was quite better for Knight Man and Centaur Man. Flame Man was better, but still had a large jump which wasted time. Blizzard Man was also good. You should have tried to beat them this quick while fighting them for the first time.
- On Wily Machine 1 fight, there appeared to be an unnecessary delay on the final hit. Couldn't you hit him sooner and finish the first round earlier?
- After the Wily Capsule fight, you had 4 Tomahawk Blades left. It would be faster if you used them on the Wily Machine right before that, rather than using Rush Power Adaptor.
Also of note: contrary to the description, this run is actually 00:09.72
(583 frames) faster than Shinryuu's TAS. That's including the start delay (which is about 1230 frames (00:20.50
), so it is actually an improvement of 00:30.22
(1813 frames) over the NES run.
All things considered, it's clear that there are some technical mistakes, but I think personally that the added entertainment from the instant weapon switching outshines the technical flaws in the TAS, and I think it deserves publication. I have no idea whether TASVideos will accept the run for either game choice or optimization issues, but I will vote yes for publication either way.