- Emulator used: FCEUX 2.2.0
- Aims for fastest time
- Uses death to save time
- Abuses programming errors
- Manipulates luck
About the game
Spelunker is a simple adventure game, but a difficult one. Much of the game's difficulty arises from the fact that the explorer cannot jump high or fall far, and therefore dies
extremely easily. In Japan, this game's explorer is known as the most weakest hero in all action games. Among Internet users in Japan, the word "Spelunker" is used to mean " too weak".
- Change the route of Level 1 and Level 2.
- Improve jumping from rope to rope.
- Manipulate Ghosts for death-warp.
- By using immortal trick, force the explorer on the up-down moving boat in Level 3.
- Fix many mistakes in Level 4.
- Jumping up the ropes and immortal trick
- If you tap A repeatedly to climb a rope or ladder quickly, the game will not reset the Y coordinate it uses to determine whether you’ve fallen to your death or not.. As a result, as long as you get the A-button timing right, you can jump off the rope and fall as far as you want as long as you don’t tumble below the starting point where you first “boarded” the rope.
- "Jumping over the stones" glitch
- you can jump over the stones by pressing left+right and jumping. You can use this trick only in "left to right" direction because you always jump to right by this method.
- Endless speed upgrade glitch
- Generally, when you take drags in red vials, you get speed upgrades until remainig time of drug effect(RAM Address 0x00A5) become 0. However, if you take second drags when remaining time is 1, you can get Endless speed upgrade. Details of this glitch is here (Japanese) http://www.spelunker.jp/okure2.htm
- Death management
- When you die, you are respawned to the location of the last item you picked up or last vehicle you took, or starting point of level. So, you can manipulate your location after death by avoiding items. This is abused quite heavily in this movie.
I'll add more explanations here.
I hope you enjoy my run !
: Updated the submission file with a 5-frame faster one...
: Uploading the encodes I have...