Submission Text Full Submission Page
Alice in Wonderland for the Game Boy Color is a platforming game that follows the plot of the 1951 animated Disney film. It features a number of mechanics and bugs that made it fun to TAS.

Game objectives

• Emulator used: Bizhawk 2.9.1
  • any%
  • Takes advantage of clipping oddities to save time
  • Abuses a bug with the jump mechanic that allows for chained jumps

Comments

This TAS features a surprising number of frame-perfect inputs.
There's two key bugs that save time. First, clipping into platforms at particular heights -- and sometimes with specifically timed jump inputs -- causes Alice to clip up onto a platform she'd ordinarily not be able to reach. Second, Alice can chain jumps together provided the jump input isn't held too long, and provided there's enough of a gap between her vertical position and the top of the screen (i.e., she cannot chain jumps infinitely, like you can in Little Nicky... hmm, same developer...!)
Suggested frame for thumbnail: #2122 (Alice's expression amuses me.)

TASVideoAgent
They/Them
This topic is for the purpose of discussing #9174: ninespaces's GBC Alice in Wonderland "any%" in 21:58.86
Induviel
He/Him
Player (239)
Oh snap, I had a WIP of this, I got bored of it so its incomplete, its done up to about the middle of the rose maze. Here it is, I think I do some stuff faster that maybe can be implemented without too much trouble. https://tasvideos.org/UserFiles/Info/638561395016683392
nymx
He/Him
Editor, Judge, Skilled player (1829)
I don't believe this...I have been humming the tune for the big band song "Alice In Wonderland" all day. Then this shows up!
I recently discovered that if you haven't reached a level of frustration with TASing any game, then you haven't done your due diligence. ---- SOYZA: Are you playing a game? NYMX: I'm not playing a game, I'm TASing. SOYZA: Oh...so its not a game...Its for real? ---- Anybody got a Quantum computer I can borrow for 20 minutes? Nevermind...eien's 64 core machine will do. :) ---- BOTing will be the end of all games. --NYMX
Player (72)
nymx wrote:
I don't believe this...I have been humming the tune for the big band song "Alice In Wonderland" all day. Then this shows up!
Too bad the sound in this game is awful.
Enter the Matrix is a piece of garbage but I'm gonna finish it if it kills me.