This is by far the most difficult category in Magic Sword (Arcade) speedrunning. It is an All Floors No Death (Hard) run, which means you start with only 1 full bar of health and level skips are not allowed.
This run has never been completed outside of TAS because of its difficulty. Many of the tricks in the TAS are frame perfect but all are humanly possible (probably).
What makes it so difficult is that there is a constant health drain every 4 seconds, which means most of the run you will be at 0 health, so it basically turns into a no-hit run.
Magic Sword speedrun timing starts when you first gain control of the Brave One (Frame 800) and ends when the yes/no is selected (Frame 61762).
Magic Sword: Heroic Fantasy Full Completion Final Time: 17:14 Bizhawk 2.11.1 (x64) https://youtu.be/hrTGxcNmhnI

nymx: Claiming for judging.
nymx: Replacing with a trimmed file.
nymx: Greeting New_King_James and welcome to TASVideos! Your first attempt here is a really good effort, in fact...you destroy this game on the hardest difficulty, even when compared to "Normal". Since I don't really have a similar run to comapre it with, I would imagine that more time would have been c0nsumed, based on the difficulty alone. So this is an impressive run that is more than 2 minuter faster than the WR comparison. Great job on this!
Accepting to "Standard" as the new branch of "all floors, hard".

r3gamerz: Processing... Unclaiming.

despoa: Processing...
Changing the timing metric from IGT to RTA as it appears the author mixed up the two and because there's no in-game timer. For reference, the run starts at frame 800 and ends at frame 61762 when the final text prompt disappears.


TASVideoAgent
They/Them
Moderator
Location: 127.0.0.1
Joined: 8/3/2004
Posts: 18083
Location: 127.0.0.1
nymx
He/Him
Editor, Judge, Expert player (3475)
Location: Under the Weather
Joined: 11/14/2014
Posts: 1131
Location: Under the Weather
Here is a comparison video. Notice...I had to use "Normal", since there is no hard difficulty for a WR. Yet, this TAS demolishes it on hard. Link to video
I recently discovered that if you haven't reached a level of frustration with TASing any game, then you haven't done your due diligence. ---- SOYZA: Are you playing a game? NYMX: I'm not playing a game, I'm TASing. SOYZA: Oh...so its not a game...Its for real? ---- Anybody got a Quantum computer I can borrow for 20 minutes? Nevermind...eien's 64 core machine will do. :) ---- BOTing will be the end of all games. --NYMX
CoolKirby
He/Him
Editor, Experienced player (710)
Joined: 11/8/2010
Posts: 4294
I find the inclusion of 800-61762 in the timing confusing. The timing equation (61762-800)/?=17:14 could be explained in your submission text, with only the result being part of the publication title. Actually, is there a final time displayed at the end in-game? I didn't see it when I watched. Since you start timing from when you gain control of your character, this may fit better into the RTA Timing method. We also support that here, and you can choose it the same way you selected In-Game Timer when you submitted (by Editing your submission).
Editor, Publisher, Player (138)
Joined: 10/15/2021
Posts: 392
Is there any name you'd like on the high score list in particular? Or just TAS like in the video you included with your submission? edit: I see you already included it in your movie. CoolKirby's questions remain, however.
Post subject: Movie published
TASVideoAgent
They/Them
Moderator
Location: 127.0.0.1
Joined: 8/3/2004
Posts: 18083
Location: 127.0.0.1
This movie has been published. The posts before this message apply to the submission, and posts after this message apply to the published movie. ---- [7394] Arcade Magic Sword: Heroic Fantasy "all floors, 1 player, hardest" by New_King_James in 17:02.211 (RTA)