Note: This page is a work in progress and is still subject to change. Feel free to provide feedback in this forum thread.
The "Stars" class represents the most well-received published runs at TASVideos. Stars are an extension of standard and alternative publications, showcasing premium/popular/unique movies on this site.
- Aims to fulfill the site's goal of exposing as many people as possible to Tool-assisted Speedrun/Superplay movies as an art form.
- Audience engagement is the largest factor (large number of voters, viewers, comments). This forum thread is used to suggest runs to be Starred.
- Shining example of entertaining the audience, being impressive, showing a mastery of TAS techniques, using unexpected/seemingly impossible ideas, expertise of the game, uniqueness compared to other published runs.
- Must beat all known records, including other TASes.
- Must show a proficient understanding of TAS techniques and be perceived as well optimized: It should not have obvious pauses, mistakes, or sloppy play.