Locked



synabler
He/Him
Editor, Active player (391)
🇰🇷 South Korea
Joined: 7/11/2016
Posts: 60
Location: 🇰🇷 South Korea
HappyLee wrote:
We each face difficulties in our lives. Like I said, life in China can be harder. We each need to deal with our own problems. We don't need to make it TASVideos problem just because he submitted 1 TAS and 4 forum posts.
I was writing a post saying that it feels like there's some misunderstanding about the effort to clear up the confusion and your intent to bring up genuine concern about it (that's at least what I thought it was) ... but is this what this thread is really going for? I'm confused as to what the fundraiser has anything to do with clearing up the confusion.
Memory
She/Her
Site Admin, Skilled player (1655)
Location: Dumpster
Joined: 3/20/2014
Posts: 1895
Location: Dumpster
HappyLee wrote:
Noxxa wrote:
Do you have LeKukie's financial records or something?
I assume he can make about 25 USD in a normal livestream, and maybe 250 USD in a world record livestream. And the gofundme page shows already $8,228 donation, more than enough to fix his roof plenty of times. He got the RTA community on his back, so I'm not worried about him. We each face difficulties in our lives. Like I said, life in China can be harder. We each need to deal with our own problems. We don't need to make it TASVideos problem just because he submitted 1 TAS and 4 forum posts.
I'll repeat.
Memory wrote:
Why'd you bring up the fundraiser at all? This doesn't have to be a zero sum game where if somebody from the rta community gets support, the tasing community cannot get any. If you're going through a crisis, bring it up so people can support you through it.
If you're going through rough shit, just let people know. You don't have to keep others from getting monetary support just because you haven't.
[16:08:10] <BenLubar> a TAS is just the limit of a segmented speedrun as the segment length approaches zero
[3:56 PM]Thursday, July 23, 2026 3:56 PM Samsara: i mean this in the most positive way possible [3:56 PM]Thursday, July 23, 2026 3:56 PM Samsara: i feel like a lot of your interaction with tasvideos is finding excuses to watch TASes
Banned User
Joined: 12/23/2007
Posts: 899
Memory wrote:
Why'd you bring up the fundraiser at all? This doesn't have to be a zero sum game where if somebody from the rta community gets support, the tasing community cannot get any.
I never said it's a "zero sum game". I have nothing against the RTA community or LeKukie. I said in the original post: It is because LeKukie and the RTA community frequently use the phrase “TAS tie,” while rarely clarifying that it's actually “no L+R” TAS rather than the “any%” or “warps” TAS, that more and more confusion arise. That's originally not an issue with TASVideos or the TAS community, but it's relevant since we're helping LeKukie from the RTA community instead of help clearing up confusion about SMB TASing.
Recent projects: SMB warpless TAS (2018), SMB warpless walkathon (2019), SMB something never done before (2019), Extra Mario Bros. (best ending) (2020).
Active player (261)
Location: location, location!
Joined: 8/18/2013
Posts: 153
Location: location, location!
Sorry HappyLee, I would love to help clear up some confusion but unfortunately I helped someone with a maths problem a couple of months ago. Maybe next month?
Current TAS: [SNES] Jelly Boy [NES] Street Fighter 2010
Banned User
Joined: 12/23/2007
Posts: 899
Denial140 wrote:
Sorry HappyLee, I would love to help clear up some confusion but unfortunately I helped someone with a maths problem a couple of months ago. Maybe next month?
You could just say that you don't care a bit. That would be more honest.
Recent projects: SMB warpless TAS (2018), SMB warpless walkathon (2019), SMB something never done before (2019), Extra Mario Bros. (best ending) (2020).
Walgrey
She/Her
Reviewer, Skilled player (1038)
🇨🇦 Canada
Joined: 10/27/2022
Posts: 116
Location: 🇨🇦 Canada
HappyLee wrote:
It is because LeKukie and the RTA community frequently use the phrase “TAS tie,” while rarely clarifying that it's actually “no L+R” TAS rather than the “any%” or “warps” TAS, that more and more confusion arise.
And how exactly is this our problem? We already established that the SMB RTA community should try to clear up the confusion. What are we supposed to do?
HappyLee wrote:
That's originally not an issue with TASVideos or the TAS community, but it's relevant since we're helping LeKukie from the RTA community instead of help clearing up confusion about SMB TASing.
I’m confused, do you not want us to help LeKukie or something?
Hi! I'm Kathryn!
Active player (261)
Location: location, location!
Joined: 8/18/2013
Posts: 153
Location: location, location!
HappyLee wrote:
You could just say that you don't care a bit. That would be more honest.
More honest would be to say I think you're being ridiculous.
Current TAS: [SNES] Jelly Boy [NES] Street Fighter 2010
Bigbass
He/Him
Senior Moderator
Location: Midwest
Joined: 2/2/2021
Posts: 313
Location: Midwest
HappyLee wrote:
Bigbass wrote:
This is a warning. Continued bad faith arguing, or any other rule-breaking, will result in a ban.
Well this new TASVideos adminstration really likes to ban people, just for making arguments. I've been banned in 2023 just for defending my work. You guys really show no improvement. This abuse of power makes me sick. Who are you to call me with "bad faith"? You're a mind reader who can read my faith? I'm here to raise a real issue. It's really funny to me, that instead of defending the published SMB TAS and clearing up the confusion, you guys seem to be more concerned about donating to a former RTA world record holder of SMB, who makes a lot more money in a single livestream than what I made from TASing in 20 years.
We (the moderation team and senior staff) do not ban people for simply making arguments. You were banned in 2023 for repeatedly attacking a staff member under the claim that she intentionally changed the site rules to spite you and your submission, despite being warned to act civil. You were then warned in late-2024 for attacking a different staff member. Your actions today have not been mere arguments. Despite the warning you were just given, rather than reflecting on your behavior, you have chosen to escalate with more baseless claims against us; all while continuing to assert false narratives about our decisions and your own past history. It's clear your behavior has not improved since your previous ban. As such, you are now banned indefinitely.
TAS Verifications | Mastodon | Github | Discord: @bigbass

Locked