• FCEU 0.98.16
  • Glitches used
  • blah blah blah
It's faster than Pom's movie but if your first thoughts was this movie aimed to obsolete POM's movie, then you are wrong. Yes, it's faster but another ROM version is used.
We've heard many rumors about Minus world -1 could be beaten and that Worlds -2, -3 and -4 exist. But in NES and Unisystem versions, the level is repeating when you enter the pipe at "end" of level. We've seen hoaxes like that but nothing proved us it was true. Except - 4, -2 and -3 really exist. After you beat -3, the game has been beaten once. Some people are claiming that you must deliver the princess to beat the game. I am saying, I saved 2 princesses. In any case, I think I should compare it to some Zelda glitched runs where some goals hasn't been achieved.
Note that when you beat the game, level select and 2nd quest modes are activated. So, I purposely stop the movie later to press B to return to title screen to let people verify by themself.

adelikat: Accepting for publication.
Bisqwit: … as a concept demo. This will not obsolete Pom's movie, not the least because it's a different game with different rules. (The differences in the games (NES SMB1, FDS SMB1) are completely unintentional and driven by the platform change, but striking in this particular movie.)
Bisqwit: Processing.

1 2
6 7
TASVideoAgent
They/Them
Moderator
Joined: 8/3/2004
Posts: 14856
Location: 127.0.0.1
This topic is for the purpose of discussing #1329: Phil's FDS Super Mario Bros. "-3 stage ending" in 02:58.20
Joined: 9/8/2006
Posts: 19
Sorry, but I just can't consider that as beating the game.
Active player (410)
Joined: 3/16/2004
Posts: 2623
Location: America, Québec
Instead of whining and being negative, you should explain why. If you check the correct RAM value, I am 100% sure it will show the game has been beaten.
Editor, Skilled player (1938)
Joined: 6/15/2005
Posts: 3246
Phil wrote:
Instead of whining and being negative, you should explain why. If you check the correct RAM value, I am 100% sure it will show the game has been beaten.
Maybe he was negative, but whining he was not.
Active player (410)
Joined: 3/16/2004
Posts: 2623
Location: America, Québec
FractalFusion, don't start to bitch me again.
adelikat
He/Him
Emulator Coder, Site Developer, Site Owner, Expert player (3584)
Joined: 11/3/2004
Posts: 4738
Location: Tennessee
Certainly well optimized, and it would be a good addition to the site as a concept/demo that shows the (J) minus worlds. I don't see why you consider this a completion of the game though. You didn't save the princess. EDIT: My yes vote is specifically for it to be published along side the current smb run and not replace it. Otherwise, I vote no.
It's hard to look this good. My TAS projects
Experienced player (538)
Joined: 5/12/2005
Posts: 707
im not so interested about this so much... but gotta check this
Former player
Joined: 8/1/2004
Posts: 2687
Location: Seattle, WA
Eclipsed Moon wrote:
Sorry, but I just can't consider that as beating the game.
I'm gonna have to agree with this. While you did beat the minus world, and that may technically count as beating the game, I don't feel that it really completes anything. The simple fact that minus world is a sort of precursor to the rest of the game doesn't make me think that beating it counts as completing the game. If this does get accepted, it should be a concept demo of how to beat the minus world with the FDS ROM. However, this is a totally different category than Pom's submission.
hi nitrodon streamline: cyn-chine
Player (166)
Joined: 4/27/2006
Posts: 304
Location: Eastern Canada
Maybe as a demo or something... it was pretty neat. I wish I had some drugs to enjoy it further.
Editor, Active player (296)
Joined: 3/8/2004
Posts: 7469
Location: Arzareth
Different game, different rules. But I agree it's a little quirk movie that could be published as a concept demo.
Experienced player (538)
Joined: 5/12/2005
Posts: 707
Good Run, Weird game Voting Yes :)
Active player (432)
Joined: 4/21/2004
Posts: 3517
Location: Stockholm, Sweden
Phil wrote:
Instead of whining and being negative, you should explain why. If you check the correct RAM value, I am 100% sure it will show the game has been beaten.
Phil wrote:
FractalFusion, don't start to bitch me again.
You are a great TASer but allow me to be the first one to thoroughly vomit on your childish, lame and rude attitude. I thought you had matured over the recent months but no sire. voting No on this submission because there are even better hacked ROM's than this. And to write in your submission text that its faster than Pom's movie its just stupid.
Nitrogenesis wrote:
Guys I come from the DidyKnogRacist communite, and you are all wrong, tihs is the run of the mileniun and everyone who says otherwise dosnt know any bater! I found this run vary ease to masturbate too!!!! Don't fuck with me, I know this game so that mean I'm always right!StupedfackincommunityTASVideoz!!!!!!
Arc wrote:
I enjoyed this movie in which hands firmly gripping a shaft lead to balls deep in multiple holes.
natt wrote:
I don't want to get involved in this discussion, but as a point of fact C# is literally the first goddamn thing on that fucking page you linked did you even fucking read it
Cooljay wrote:
Mayor Haggar and Cody are such nice people for the community. Metro City's hospitals reached an all time new record of incoming patients due to their great efforts :P
Joined: 4/11/2006
Posts: 487
Location: North of Russia :[
I liked the movie, and game is completed (if you press start - game btgins at increased difficulty), but of course it can not absolete current movie. I would like to see it published as concept demo. The main reason for it is that the ROM for this movie is very rare, and movie is quite funny, so we need AVI of it :D
Joined: 9/8/2006
Posts: 19
Right now I'd like to add that I don't mean to sound as harsh as I may be coming off, it's really kinda an interesting run in a different sort of way, I just personally can't think of it as, well, beating the game. Or this could be another great debate. If the game thinks it has been beaten, then hasn't it? Mind over matter? Eh, not in my opinion, but whatever.
adelikat
He/Him
Emulator Coder, Site Developer, Site Owner, Expert player (3584)
Joined: 11/3/2004
Posts: 4738
Location: Tennessee
AngerFist wrote:
No on this submission because there are even better hacked ROM's than this. And to write in your submission text that its faster than Pom's movie its just stupid.
Um, voting no because it is a hacked rom? huh?
It's hard to look this good. My TAS projects
Joined: 3/31/2005
Posts: 148
Location: Colorado
voting No on this submission because there are even better hacked ROM's than this.
This isn't a hacked rom. Its the fds version, which is a legit version. Somewhat interesting, well played.[/quote]
Do not try to bend the spoon, that's impossible. Instead only try to realize the truth. What Truth? There is nospoon. Then you will see it is not the spoon that changes, it is only yourself
Active player (432)
Joined: 4/21/2004
Posts: 3517
Location: Stockholm, Sweden
adelikat wrote:
AngerFist wrote:
No on this submission because there are even better hacked ROM's than this. And to write in your submission text that its faster than Pom's movie its just stupid.
Um, voting no because it is a hacked rom? huh?
No, if I was unclear then let me elaborate. Voting NO because there are hacks that look 10 times better than this version and yes, I know Phils submission is not a hacked ROM.
Nitrogenesis wrote:
Guys I come from the DidyKnogRacist communite, and you are all wrong, tihs is the run of the mileniun and everyone who says otherwise dosnt know any bater! I found this run vary ease to masturbate too!!!! Don't fuck with me, I know this game so that mean I'm always right!StupedfackincommunityTASVideoz!!!!!!
Arc wrote:
I enjoyed this movie in which hands firmly gripping a shaft lead to balls deep in multiple holes.
natt wrote:
I don't want to get involved in this discussion, but as a point of fact C# is literally the first goddamn thing on that fucking page you linked did you even fucking read it
Cooljay wrote:
Mayor Haggar and Cody are such nice people for the community. Metro City's hospitals reached an all time new record of incoming patients due to their great efforts :P
adelikat
He/Him
Emulator Coder, Site Developer, Site Owner, Expert player (3584)
Joined: 11/3/2004
Posts: 4738
Location: Tennessee
Voting no and a run of a official games because hacks look better doesn't make any more sense to me. O_o
It's hard to look this good. My TAS projects
Joined: 6/14/2004
Posts: 646
I vote yes for adding to the concept demo section. Maybe include some kind of note on the standard SMB run that links to it, since people probably don't check out the concept area very often.
I like my "thank you"s in monetary form.
upthorn
He/Him
Emulator Coder, Active player (388)
Joined: 3/24/2006
Posts: 1802
Phil wrote:
Instead of whining and being negative, you should explain why. If you check the correct RAM value, I am 100% sure it will show the game has been beaten.
Perhaps because
  1. It says the princess is in another castle.
  2. There is no endscreen.
  3. There is, in fact, no visible indication that the game has been completed.
  4. The game resets itself with no indication as to reason.
All of the other movies on this site which beat games in abnormal manners, STILL beat it in a way which triggers the ending screen and/or ending credits to play. This does neither, so it may not qualify as beating the game.
Phil wrote:
FractalFusion, don't start to bitch me again.
I think the only person in this thread who could reasonably considered to be bitching is you. Although, I may qualify for that now, myself. But you're still the only one here who's whining. That said, the movie is moderately entertaining, and does finish the "-" worlds fairly quickly. It doesn't leave me with the impression that it was played perfectly though. As a result, I'm voting "meh" on the condition that it be considered as a concept demo. If this run is being considered to replace the currently published run, I would change that vote to "no".
How fleeting are all human passions compared with the massive continuity of ducks.
adelikat
He/Him
Emulator Coder, Site Developer, Site Owner, Expert player (3584)
Joined: 11/3/2004
Posts: 4738
Location: Tennessee
upthorn wrote:
  1. It says the princess is in another castle.
  2. There is no endscreen.
  3. There is, in fact, no visible indication that the game has been completed.
  4. The game resets itself with no indication as to reason.
All of the other movies on this site which beat games in abnormal manners, STILL beat it in a way which triggers the ending screen and/or ending credits to play. This does neither, so it may not qualify as beating the game.
Yes, I agree with all of this. Though I am intrigued that the game thinks you have beaten it. I love unconvential methods of doing things. But still, this isn't enough to persuade me to consider it completed. Perhaps publish it along side of Pom's and put "Phil shows another way of beating the game..." and some explanation and which ram address is triggered.
It's hard to look this good. My TAS projects
Experienced player (538)
Joined: 5/12/2005
Posts: 707
i don't like about whining.. i thought phil was a clever it's stupid to make any whinings or fightings.. agreed with AngerFist but Phil you're a great TASer you should be here in TAS/NESvideos forever <3__<3 ;) great run too
Active player (410)
Joined: 3/16/2004
Posts: 2623
Location: America, Québec
Some people didn't make the relation between "Don't be negative" "Bitching" and the minus world. It's was just a joke. For Angerfist It's NOT HACKED ROM. First, it's not a ROM, second it's original.
Experienced player (538)
Joined: 5/12/2005
Posts: 707
Oh sorry then O.o
adelikat
He/Him
Emulator Coder, Site Developer, Site Owner, Expert player (3584)
Joined: 11/3/2004
Posts: 4738
Location: Tennessee
oh, I get it now. *groans at awful pun ;p*
It's hard to look this good. My TAS projects
1 2
6 7