Submission Text Full Submission Page
Yet another version... appearantly. Blame Nitrodon this time. He found a 64 frame improvement at level 10-3. The black screen between the levels took one frame longer unfortunately... so a 63 frame improvement.
Submission file updated: Nitrodon found another improvement, this time on level 3-2... it's now 8 frames faster. I replayed the entire movie from there, and was able to make an improvement of my own :). Level 6-4 is now 24 frames faster, due to a small glitch. This new version is also 3 frames faster with level transitions. This means a 35 frame improvement... adding that to those 63 frames makes this a 98 frame improvement over the currently published version.
Submission file updated second time: AnS found a 16 frame improvement on level 6-3. Quite an accomplishment to still find improvements... you'd say that at some point, no further improvements are possible. AnS also hexedited the fcm, thanks a lot! This improvement also made the fceu timer display 22:37 instead of 22:38
  • FCEU
  • Uses no passwords
  • Manipulates luck (enemy movement)
  • Abuses programming errors
A better submission text can be found here.

adelikat: Accepting for publication.

DeHackEd: Movie file replaced by request. Changing back to 'new' status as a result.

Bisqwit: Movie file replaced by request. Keeping as 'new'.

adelikat: Claimed for processing. If anyone has some new improvements, please tell me now rather than after if is pubished :P

TASVideoAgent
They/Them
Experienced Forum User, Moderator
Joined: 8/3/2004
Posts: 12247
Location: 127.0.0.1
This topic is for the purpose of discussing #1521: Baxter's NES Adventures of Lolo in 22:37.30
Active player, Experienced Forum User (303)
Joined: 4/21/2004
Posts: 3504
Location: Stockholm, Sweden
First edition TAS of 2015Innovative TAS of 2007
Seeing as this is exactly same run as the previous submission but only this time this is around 60 frames faster, I think its safe that I (who watched and voted in the previous submission) dont need to view this. Voting yes. Now if some find this a clear violation to the voting rules, then ban me from voting. Take me to jail... throw away the keys... I aint afraid of ******* ******* ** ** *** ***!
Nitrogenesis wrote:
Guys I come from the DidyKnogRacist communite, and you are all wrong, tihs is the run of the mileniun and everyone who says otherwise dosnt know any bater! I found this run vary ease to masturbate too!!!! Don't fuck with me, I know this game so that mean I'm always right!StupedfackincommunityTASVideoz!!!!!!
Arc wrote:
I enjoyed this movie in which hands firmly gripping a shaft lead to balls deep in multiple holes.
natt wrote:
I don't want to get involved in this discussion, but as a point of fact C# is literally the first goddamn thing on that fucking page you linked did you even fucking read it
Cooljay wrote:
Mayor Haggar and Cody are such nice people for the community. Metro City's hospitals reached an all time new record of incoming patients due to their great efforts :P
Experienced Forum User, Skilled player (1476)
Joined: 5/31/2004
Posts: 1821
TAS of 2013SNES TAS of 2013Speedy TAS of 2007Innovative TAS of 2007
AngerFist wrote:
Seeing as this is exactly same run as the previous submission but only this time this is around 60 frames faster, I think its safe that I (who watched and voted in the previous submission) dont need to view this.
Yeah, I'm not expecting anyone who watched the previous version to watch this one also (unless they just really want to of course).
Experienced Forum User, Moderator
Joined: 8/4/2005
Posts: 5745
Location: Moscow, Russia
Seeing as this is exactly same run as the previous submission but only this time this is around 60 frames faster, I think its safe that I (who watched and voted in the previous submission) dont need to view this. Voting yes. Now if someone finds this a clear violation of the voting rules, then ban AngerFist from voting. Take him to jail… throw away the keys… He isn't afraid of ******* ******* ** ** *** ***.
Warp wrote:
Edit: I think I understand now: It's my avatar, isn't it? It makes me look angry.
Experienced Forum User
Joined: 4/11/2006
Posts: 487
Location: North of Russia :[
I am not viewing this one too~ I hope you are not cheating us saying it completes game at least 63 frames faster so far: Total views : 0 Total votes : 3 Yes votes : 3
Active player, Experienced Forum User (303)
Joined: 4/21/2004
Posts: 3504
Location: Stockholm, Sweden
First edition TAS of 2015Innovative TAS of 2007
Baxter is the one of the most jolly gosh members at tasvideos so if he cheated, I take full responsibility.
Nitrogenesis wrote:
Guys I come from the DidyKnogRacist communite, and you are all wrong, tihs is the run of the mileniun and everyone who says otherwise dosnt know any bater! I found this run vary ease to masturbate too!!!! Don't fuck with me, I know this game so that mean I'm always right!StupedfackincommunityTASVideoz!!!!!!
Arc wrote:
I enjoyed this movie in which hands firmly gripping a shaft lead to balls deep in multiple holes.
natt wrote:
I don't want to get involved in this discussion, but as a point of fact C# is literally the first goddamn thing on that fucking page you linked did you even fucking read it
Cooljay wrote:
Mayor Haggar and Cody are such nice people for the community. Metro City's hospitals reached an all time new record of incoming patients due to their great efforts :P
Experienced Forum User, Moderator
Joined: 8/4/2005
Posts: 5745
Location: Moscow, Russia
If Baxter cheated, there's a simple solution: ban AngerFist from voting. Take him to jail… throw away the keys… XD
Warp wrote:
Edit: I think I understand now: It's my avatar, isn't it? It makes me look angry.
Experienced Forum User
Joined: 4/11/2006
Posts: 487
Location: North of Russia :[
moozooh wrote:
there's a simple solution: ban AngerFist from voting. Take him to jail… throw away the keys… XD
Sounds like solution to some quest... secret level of Adventures of Lolo maybe?
Experienced Forum User, Skilled player (1476)
Joined: 5/31/2004
Posts: 1821
TAS of 2013SNES TAS of 2013Speedy TAS of 2007Innovative TAS of 2007
Submission file has been updated, it's now 35 frames faster. Right after I submitted this run, Nitrodon spotted an 8 frame improvement at level 3-2. I replayed the entire TAS from there (so no hex editing), and I found an improvement of my own in level 6-4; it's now 24 frames faster. There were also 3 frames saved in level transitions. So the updated version is 35 frames faster than the previous version, and the movie is 98 frames faster than the currently published run. The level 6-4 improvement involves a small glitch, and all levels are TASed once more, so it might be worth checking out again :P
AnS
Emulator Coder, Experienced Forum User, Experienced player (696)
Joined: 2/23/2006
Posts: 682
Haha, this trick at level 6-4 was funny. But that's not glitch or programming error, just minor mistake in level design. Anyway, it was very creative find, and I suggest you take screenshot for 9th publication from this moment.
Experienced Forum User, Skilled player (1476)
Joined: 5/31/2004
Posts: 1821
TAS of 2013SNES TAS of 2013Speedy TAS of 2007Innovative TAS of 2007
Ans found another improvement on level 6-3. Great job :) Submission file is now 16 frames shorter, which makes fceu display 22:37 instead of 22:38 :D
Experienced Forum User, Experienced player (849)
Joined: 11/18/2006
Posts: 2426
Location: Back where I belong
GBx TAS of 2008
Just thought I'd let you know that this seems to be recorded with bad dump rom, although it plays back just fine with the [!] version, so it shouldn't be a big deal. This was the first time I've seen this game, and it was somewhat entertaining, although I don't quite get what the big deal is about it (everyone seems to absolutely love it). Anyway, I'll throw a meaningless yes vote in.
Living Well Is The Best Revenge My Personal Page
Experienced Forum User, Player (230)
Joined: 7/30/2006
Posts: 207
Location: Alefgard, USA
Even though this movie has been in the submission queue for about 4 months, this is the first time I've actually watched it. Yes vote. Catchy music when you win the game.
Experienced Forum User, Skilled player (1476)
Joined: 5/31/2004
Posts: 1821
TAS of 2013SNES TAS of 2013Speedy TAS of 2007Innovative TAS of 2007
mmbossman wrote:
Just thought I'd let you know that this seems to be recorded with bad dump rom, although it plays back just fine with the [!] version, so it shouldn't be a big deal.
It seems to me like I used the right rom (U) [!]... so I'm not sure about that.
mmbossman wrote:
everyone seems to absolutely love it
Haha, where did you get that impression?
dave_dfwm wrote:
Even though this movie has been in the submission queue for about 4 months
Actually, the previous version of this movie was published less than a month ago. At that point, there weren't any known improvements, so this submission can't possibly be older than a month. You probably get this feeling because the run is constantly being improved, which is why there is nearly always a run of this game at the workbench. Hopefully this is the final version ever :P
Experienced Forum User, Experienced player (849)
Joined: 11/18/2006
Posts: 2426
Location: Back where I belong
GBx TAS of 2008
Baxter wrote:
mmbossman wrote:
Just thought I'd let you know that this seems to be recorded with bad dump rom, although it plays back just fine with the [!] version, so it shouldn't be a big deal.
It seems to me like I used the right rom (U) [!]... so I'm not sure about that.
Adventures of Lolo (U) [!] gives me a mismatched checksum when I load the movie into FCEU, but Adventures of Lolo (U) [b1] gives me a matching checksum. I could copy them down for you if you'd like, but like I said, it plays back in both so it's not a big deal. Maybe wherever you get your roms has this one mislabeled (ie you mislabeled it when you dumped it yourself;))
Living Well Is The Best Revenge My Personal Page
Post subject: Movie published
TASVideoAgent
They/Them
Experienced Forum User, Moderator
Joined: 8/3/2004
Posts: 12247
Location: 127.0.0.1
This movie has been published. The posts before this message apply to the submission, and posts after this message apply to the published movie. ---- [873] NES Adventures of Lolo by Baxter in 22:37.30
Experienced Forum User
Joined: 2/25/2006
Posts: 405
use NSRT to verify your roms ;)
Ryzen 3700X, ASUS Crosshair VIII Hero (WiFi) Motherboard, 16GB 3600MHz RAM, MSI Geforce 1070Ti 8GB, Windows 10 Pro x64 http://tasvideos.org/Nach/FranpaAlert.html