Post subject: Advanced Dungeons & Dragons: Dragons of Flame
Experienced Forum User
I was watching the Spoony One's video game reviews, and I got the idea to run this game. I saw that someone had already submitted a run for the game that came out before this one (Heroes of the Lance) and it had been rejected. I figured this one would be too, so I don't plan to submit it, but I figured I should at least show what I did in a matter of two hours. This game is actually very boring to TAS. Very little in the way of luck manipulation except for the overworld portion, which I didn't even have to manipulate very much to begin with. Everything else was just turbo B, which a normal player could do. You may notice I get into a few fights early on. It was mostly because I was being lazy in manipulating. I may finish this once I test out the English patch. I wanted to heal one of the characters, but I couldn't and I don't know why (a screen in all Japanese shows up). So, until then, I'll just stand in front of the... troll/golem/construct thing at the end. I actually came pretty close to finishing this in the short amount of time I played it. You can follow my progress along once I enter the cave using the walkthrough here: http://www.gamefaqs.com/console/nes/file/570643/36483 Anyway, here's a youtube video and a movie file. This was done using the unpatched (J) version of the ROM on FCEU RR 0.98.28. Download the FCM Watch on Youtube
Signature place holder.
Experienced Forum User
go for it then :)
still a nooby in speedrunning
Experienced Forum User
Wow, this looks like a very dull version of TMNT. :\
Pyrel - an open-source rewrite of the Angband roguelike game in Python.
Active player, Experienced Forum User (277)
It reminded me of Zelda 2 for a while. You know what, I just figured out that I had watched the wrong SpoonyExperiment review. It turns out there's more than one Advanced Dungeons & Dragons Dragonlance game for NES, and I had watched the review of the first one, Heroes of the Lance, rather than the sequel you played, Dragons of Flame. But maybe you could submit a run of Heroes of the Lance first so that this one looks nicer in comparison!
put yourself in my rocketpack if that poochie is one outrageous dude
Experienced Forum User
Well, Heroes of the Lance was submitted three or four times and rejected each time. I don't think it would do any good to try to run that and submit it when it's basically guaranteed to be rejected. I didn't really plan on submitting this one either; I just wanted to show the game, mostly. The problem is the fact that the game basically devolves into being just like the first one, which was -as stated earlier- rejected. I mean, I guess I could finish and try submitting it, but I don't think it would get accepted.
Signature place holder.
Experienced Forum User
Well, thanks for showing it to us!
Pyrel - an open-source rewrite of the Angband roguelike game in Python.
Active player, Experienced Forum User (277)
Wow, I must not have been paying much attention to the Dungeons & Dragons entries on the Workbench. I guess I dismissed them all as probably being the same boring thing, because after all, how exciting could a video game based on a tabletop RPG be? But one day I saw this topic and got curious, thinking, "For an NES game, I wonder how ADVANCED it is..."
put yourself in my rocketpack if that poochie is one outrageous dude