Emulator Coder, Site Admin, Skilled player (1228)
Joined: 4/17/2010
Posts: 11968
Captain_Forehead wrote:
I decided to make some personal TASes of my own (because that's what I do) and wanted to encode it into an AVI file. When I do so and end it, I took a look at the file and found my entire AVI file had been separated into separate smaller files. Each file contains a portion of the movie that is roughly about 3-4 minutes. I don't think I made an error when setting up the AVI recording, but would there be any reason why this is happening? I'm stumped.
They are most likely split on 2GB mark, which is where windows AVI writer breaks if you exceed that, so emulators split it before 2GB. You can view them all combined in VirtualDub if you open the first one and then open the next one using File - Append AVI segment (that would append them all). Exporting from VD won't break them at 2GB because it uses newer tech.
Warning: When making decisions, I try to collect as much data as possible before actually deciding. I try to abstract away and see the principles behind real world events and people's opinions. I try to generalize them and turn into something clear and reusable. I hate depending on unpredictable and having to make lottery guesses. Any problem can be solved by systems thinking and acting.
Editor, Expert player (2558)
🇩🇪 Germany
Joined: 5/15/2007
Posts: 4120
Location: 🇩🇪 Germany
In Bizhawk, when AVI recording the post-game sequence (ending, staff credits) of my Windows game, how can I make sure the mouse cursor stays where I left it at the final frame? I used mouse speed to navigate my cursor and never used coordinates. Problem: When I play back my bk2, the mouse cursor would move away from the spot I placed it at after the movie ends.
Spikestuff
They/Them
Editor, Expert player (3671)
Location: The land down under.
Joined: 10/12/2011
Posts: 6722
Location: The land down under.
You either need to change Key Priority to Hotkeys, or just remove the mouse input that you have set.
WebNations/Sabih wrote:
+fsvgm777 never censoring anything.
Disables Comments and Ratings for the YouTube account. Strong for yourself and also others.