Explicações


nymx: Claiming for judging.
nymx: Unlike your run, #10652: thegugafá's SMS Flight of Pigarus in 04:33.268, I didn’t notice the same issues during the boss fights. In this movie, however, the missed opportunities are more understandable because the fights contain so many obstacles.
I also noticed something else: this run demonstrates slightly more progression than the comparison movie I used. The game is essentially an autoscroller, but exploiting this ability allows the screen to scroll faster. I was surprised by this, though the explanation seems to be that defeating enemies more quickly lets the game run with less hesitation, thereby reducing one form of lag.
Accepting to "Standard"

McBobX: Processing...


TASVideoAgent
They/Them
Moderator
Location: 127.0.0.1
Joined: 8/3/2004
Posts: 18083
Location: 127.0.0.1
This topic is for the purpose of discussing #10653: thegugafá's NES Blade Buster in 04:24.797
Post subject: Submission Review
Editor, Reviewer, Former player
Location: Zurich, Switzerland
Joined: 6/30/2010
Posts: 1161
Location: Zurich, Switzerland
Got this one to sync on the newest Bizhawk and despite missing the correct firmware. I was not familiar with this game, a homebrew shmup based on Super Star Soldier for TG-16/PCE, specifically its score attack mode. The game has two modes, "2 min" and "5 min", the time you get for scoring as high as possible. Since the game has two levels, the time given is just enough to beat one of them in 2 minutes and two of them in 5 minutes. The two levels are the same regardless of game mode, so "5 min" is the natural choice that shows off the entire game. All runs of the game I could find, be they TAS or unassisted, are aiming for score instead of speed. This TAS appears to be the first attempt at a pure speedrun of the game. The gameplay doesn't look too polished to me, with liberal use of autofire instead of only using selected shots, but it is faster than all those existing runs that aim for score. Looks good enough to me.
Current project: Gex 3 any% Paused: Gex 64 any% There are no N64 emulators. Just SM64 emulators with hacky support for all the other games.
nymx
He/Him
Editor, Judge, Expert player (3475)
Location: Under the Weather
Joined: 11/14/2014
Posts: 1131
Location: Under the Weather
andypanther wrote:
All runs of the game I could find, be they TAS or unassisted, are aiming for score instead of speed. This TAS appears to be the first attempt at a pure speedrun of the game. The gameplay doesn't look too polished to me, with liberal use of autofire instead of only using selected shots, but it is faster than all those existing runs that aim for score. Looks good enough to me.
Glad to hear this. I wasn't able to find a "true" speed run either.
I recently discovered that if you haven't reached a level of frustration with TASing any game, then you haven't done your due diligence. ---- SOYZA: Are you playing a game? NYMX: I'm not playing a game, I'm TASing. SOYZA: Oh...so its not a game...Its for real? ---- Anybody got a Quantum computer I can borrow for 20 minutes? Nevermind...eien's 64 core machine will do. :) ---- BOTing will be the end of all games. --NYMX
nymx
He/Him
Editor, Judge, Expert player (3475)
Location: Under the Weather
Joined: 11/14/2014
Posts: 1131
Location: Under the Weather
Here is a comparison video of the best situation that i could find: Link to video
I recently discovered that if you haven't reached a level of frustration with TASing any game, then you haven't done your due diligence. ---- SOYZA: Are you playing a game? NYMX: I'm not playing a game, I'm TASing. SOYZA: Oh...so its not a game...Its for real? ---- Anybody got a Quantum computer I can borrow for 20 minutes? Nevermind...eien's 64 core machine will do. :) ---- BOTing will be the end of all games. --NYMX
Post subject: Movie published
TASVideoAgent
They/Them
Moderator
Location: 127.0.0.1
Joined: 8/3/2004
Posts: 18083
Location: 127.0.0.1
This movie has been published. The posts before this message apply to the submission, and posts after this message apply to the published movie. ---- [7390] NES Blade Buster by thegugafá in 04:24.797