Submission Text Full Submission Page
"What does a man of adventure do in between adventures?"
Venture est un jeu vidéo créé par Exidy en 1981. Dans le jeu video, le protagoniste, Winky, doit récupérer des trésors dans un labyrinthe qui contient beaucoup de monstres. Winky peut se défendre avec des arcs et des flèches. Venture a été créé pour Atari 2600, ColecoVision, Intellivision, et Arcade. Ce TAS finit les deux premiers niveaux le plus rapidement possible. Après avoir trouvé les huits trésors, le jeu recommence.

Les objectifs

  • Deux niveaux fini
  • Émulateur utilisé: BizHawk 2.11 (Stella core)

Le TAS

Si Winky tir un monstre avec une flèche, le cadavre de monstre peut tuer Winky tant qu'il est sur l'écran. Alors, je dois les éviter ou les tuer au moment correct. J'ai expérimenté avec des routes différentes et cette route est la meilleure que j'ai trouvée.
J'aime Venture beaucoup, alors je suis trés contente de le présenter. C'est un jeu video simple, mais vraiment fun. Merci et à plus!

nymx: Claiming for judging.
nymx: I find it very odd how different each of these ports are. Even between the Coleco written version on the Coleco itself and the Intellivision, the differences are enough that routes are the major strategy to cutting time. All of which, are different. This version continues to mystify me. When I did the colecovision version, I had thought about this verison...but got distracted by the Intellivision maddness.
I checked all the places that I thought would have yeilded more cuts, but they all ended up being good.
Accepting to "Standard".


TASVideoAgent
They/Them
Moderator
Location: 127.0.0.1
Joined: 8/3/2004
Posts: 18097
Location: 127.0.0.1
This topic is for the purpose of discussing #10774: Walgrey's A2600 Venture "1 loop" in 01:41.147
CoolKirby
He/Him
Editor, Experienced player (710)
Joined: 11/8/2010
Posts: 4300
Oh, nice, more Venture! I was surprised by how seldom the enemies got in your way, and that Winky can still move while shooting them in this one. The flickering might need a photosensitivity warning, it's pretty rough. Too bad we can't do a "blended" 30 FPS encode like the old days, since the enemies and Winky blink on alternating frames.
GJTASer2018
He/Him
Location: Stafford, NY
Joined: 1/24/2018
Posts: 422
Location: Stafford, NY
Very nice! Perhaps you would like to take on the Wolfenstein VCS game next? That "demake" is based on the A2600 Venture...
c-square wrote:
Yes, standard runs are needed and very appreciated here too
Dylon Stejakoski wrote:
Me and the boys starting over our games of choice for the infinityieth time in a row because of just-found optimizations
^ Why I don't have any submissions despite being on the forums for years now...
Walgrey
She/Her
Reviewer, Skilled player (1039)
🇨🇦 Canada
Joined: 10/27/2022
Posts: 117
Location: 🇨🇦 Canada
In commercials and in box arts, Winky is usually portrayed as a sword-wielding adventurer. But to me, I always like imagining Winky as just a red smiley face. It just looks really goofy to see him smile even in the face of danger. I drew the pic below because I genuinely like Winky's in-game representation more than his official artwork/portrayals. Hope you like it!
Hi! I'm Kathryn!

1791498308