Submission Text Full Submission Page
144 frames faster than the previously published TAS #2060: adelikat's NES Trojan in 06:16.73.
Temporary encode by solarplex. There's also one with lua script shown in the submission's discussion thread.

Game objectives

• Emulator used: FCEUX 2.2.2
  • Aims for fastest time
  • Barely entertains, mostly reduces monotonity of bunnyhopping
  • Commits suicide before the final boss for entertainment purposes. Doesn't changes the TAS itself.

Notes

There isn't many things to say about this game.
The improvements mostly comes from
  • manipulating the spawning side of the enemies by using delays / manipulating enemy spawn timer value
  • optimizing our and enemies subpixel position (subpixel overcarry)
  • using enemies to further optimize or positions (at elevator levels)
  • 1 different route (when picking up the 2nd speed)
  • enemy action manipulation by delying hits or using specific RNG manpulation.
See you until my next TAS =)

feos: Acceblishing to Vault.

TASVideoAgent
They/Them
Experienced Forum User, Moderator
This topic is for the purpose of discussing #4422: MESHUGGAH's NES Trojan in 06:14.33
WST
She/Her
Active player, Experienced Forum User (320)
А чо, для NES трояны бывают? Фигасе. Sorry for Russian
S3&A [Amy amy%] improvement (with Evil_3D & kaan55) — currently in SPZ2 my TAS channel · If I ever come into your dream, I’ll be riding an eggship :)
Experienced Forum User, Skilled player (1285)
Sega TAS of 2018Sega TASer of 2015Sega TAS of 2015
WST wrote:
А чо, для NES трояны бывают? Фигасе. Sorry for Russian
Есть многое на свете, друг WST, Что и не снилось нашим мудрецам
I show you how deep the rabbit hole goes. Current projects: NES: Tetris "fastest 999999" (improvement, with r57shell) Genesis: Adventures of Batman & Robin (with Truncated); Pocahontas; Comix Zone (improvement); Mickey Mania (improvement); RoboCop versus The Terminator (improvement); Gargoyles (with feos)
Active player, Experienced Forum User (429)
Rookie of 2014Nintendo 3D TASer of 2014First edition TAS of 2014
With LUA scripting shown on display Link to video With just normal display Link to video
Experienced Forum User
¡Buen trabajo, MESH! ¡Gracias, Plex! *Impales Amy with her Piko Piko Hammer a la Cannibal Holocaust* Sorry for murder.
AzumaK wrote: I swear my 1 year old daughter's favorite TASVideo is your R4MI run :3 xxNKxx wrote: ok thanks handsome feos :D Help improving TASVideos!
Editor, Experienced Forum User, Skilled player (1547)
Glitchy TAS of 2015NES TASer of 2014Speedy TAS of 2014NES TAS of 2013
Zeupar wrote:
¡Buen trabajo, MESH!
Gute Arbeit, MESH!
Favorite animal: STOCK Gt(ROSA)26Sortm1.1(rtTA,EGFP)Nagy Grm7Tg(SMN2)89Ahmb Smn1tm1Msd Tg(SMN2*delta7)4299Ahmb Tg(tetO-SMN2,-luc)#aAhmb/J
dekutony
He/Him
Experienced Forum User, Experienced player (543)
Because everyone is speaking in a foreign language... Yo voto Si, aunque solo sean 2 segundos, sigue siendo un buen video.
Here, my YouTube channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/dekutony
mklip2001
He/Him
Editor, Experienced Forum User
I'd probably hate to play this game myself, but I like watching runs of it. This time, the character is a little spastic for my tastes, but it was a fun run. Sometimes, the wacky motions of the character improved entertainment by making the hero look cocky jumping over everything. I especially liked the lake part in Stage 2, where you hit a lot of things out of the air. Also, it seems like you may have jumped out of the sewers slightly earlier in Stage 4 or 5 (I forget which).
Used to be a frequent submissions commenter. My new computer has had some issues running emulators, so I've been here more sporadically. Still haven't gotten around to actually TASing yet... I was going to improve Kid Dracula for GB. It seems I was beaten to it, though, with a recent awesome run by Hetfield90 and StarvinStruthers. (http://tasvideos.org/2928M.html.) Thanks to goofydylan8 for running Gargoyle's Quest 2 because I mentioned the game! (http://tasvideos.org/2001M.html) Thanks to feos and MESHUGGAH for taking up runs of Duck Tales 2 because of my old signature! Thanks also to Samsara for finishing a Treasure Master run. From the submission comments:
Shoutouts and thanks to mklip2001 for arguably being the nicest and most supportive person on the forums.
MESHUGGAH
Other
Banned User, Skilled player (1855)
NES TASer of 2013NES TAS of 2013NES TAS of 2012NES TAS of 2011
Köszönöm lányok. Fun fact: this TAS earns 2600 more points than adelikat's and 100 more than Walker Boh's (within shorter time of course). mklip2001: The comparison sheet contains the improvements per stages (apart from general optimizing). At 4-1 "sewer" I grabbed the speed first and then the boots (speed = speed, boots = highjump) which is 17 frames faster. Spotting this tiny improvement means you have a good eye =)
PhD in TASing 🎓 speedrun enthusiast ❤🚷🔥 white hat hacker ▓ black box tester ░ censorships and rules...
Active player, Experienced Forum User (402)
PSX TASer of 2013
!תודה רבה לך על זה ספדרן נעזר בכלים
My current project: Something mysterious (oooooh!) My username is all lower-case letters. Please get it right :(
Post subject: Movie published
TASVideoAgent
They/Them
Experienced Forum User, Moderator
This movie has been published. The posts before this message apply to the submission, and posts after this message apply to the published movie. ---- [2683] NES Trojan by MESHUGGAH in 06:14.33