Submission Text Full Submission Page
The movie improved the published movie by 4627 frames, emulator used FCEUX 2.2.3.
Main improvement is the shortcuts which frozen enemies as it in some stages, like BLK 4-0D, 8-01, 8-02, 9-04.
Things: The ice and lightning weapon only can be droped from enemy in BLK 8 and A, and the ice weapon can't hit boss. I considered about the subweapon which should be used in every stages and boss fight, I think this strategy is the optimization.
Additionally, I optimize some detail else like boss fight in BLK 7-0C, etc.
Thanks to: klmz, scrimpeh for their contribution. Challenger for his encoding. Nach for update the submission.

Nach: Judging.

Nach: Replacing submission with improvement from author.

Nach: Nice improvement. Decent feedback. Accepting as improvement to existing run.
fsvgm777: Processing.

TASVideoAgent
They/Them
Experienced Forum User, Moderator
This topic is for the purpose of discussing #5395: zggzdydp's NES Castlevania III "Sypha path" in 26:31.88
Editor, Experienced Forum User, Skilled player (1335)
TAS of 2017First edition TAS of 2017PSX TAS of 2017
Woah, what an unexpected couple of submissions. I'm so glad to see an update to the old Sypha run. I thought the character switch stair drop wouldn't save time anywhere - thanks for proving me wrong on this. I also was totally not aware that enemies could drop the freeze spell in some levels, the Block 8 and A shortcuts completely blew me away. I have to ask though why you didn't include this stair glitch: Video link I'm voting yes regardless. Great improvement, and some incredible surprises throughout.
Challenger
He/Him
Experienced Forum User, Skilled player (1738)
Sega TASer of 2017TASer of 2017NES TAS of 2017
Liked your new shortcuts! And great new final battle. Yes vote. :)
My homepage --Currently not much motived for TASing as before...-- But I'm still working.
Dwedit
He/Him
Experienced Forum User
At least that stair glitch in the video seems much tamer than the crazy crazy stair glitch from the other TAS.
Experienced Forum User, Experienced player (980)
NES TASer of 2017
scrimpeh wrote:
I have to ask though why you didn't include this stair glitch
I didn't know the glitch before, it like the character switch glitch in Grant warp run. I found it works in some other areas and maybe saves time, if I use it more frequently, do you think that like using character switch glitch here and there in a Grant normal run?
Editor, Experienced Forum User, Skilled player (1335)
TAS of 2017First edition TAS of 2017PSX TAS of 2017
zggzdydp wrote:
scrimpeh wrote:
I have to ask though why you didn't include this stair glitch
I didn't know the glitch before, it like the character switch glitch in Grant warp run. I found it works in some other areas and maybe saves time, if I use it more frequently, do you think that like using character switch glitch here and there in a Grant normal run?
I didn't really want to use stair glitches in the Grant run because of the long character switching animation. Still, there's a few that save time if you want to use them: [1] [2] There's probably more, but I forgot about them. As for Sypha, this is the only one that saves time that I know about. There may be more.
Challenger
He/Him
Experienced Forum User, Skilled player (1738)
Sega TASer of 2017TASer of 2017NES TAS of 2017
Temp Encode: Part 1/3 Link to video Part 2/3 Link to video Part 3/3 Link to video
My homepage --Currently not much motived for TASing as before...-- But I'm still working.
Fortranm
He/Him
Active player, Editor, Experienced Forum User (389)
#5219: arandomgameTASer's NES Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse "Sypha Path" in 27:16.57 How much does emulation difference contribute to the difference in time between these two run? The stair glitch video scrimpeh posted seems to be deleted.
Post subject: Movie published
TASVideoAgent
They/Them
Experienced Forum User, Moderator
This movie has been published. The posts before this message apply to the submission, and posts after this message apply to the published movie. ---- [3360] NES Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse "Sypha path" by zggzdydp in 26:31.88