Submission Text Full Submission Page
  • I used VBA 19, 20 probably syncs.
  • Aims for fastest time
  • Manipulates luck
  • Abuses programming errors
  • Etc
This is a 61 frame improvement to mine and zggzdydp's previous run.
The improvements comes from optimized movements, most notably catching the Mercury Card in the air and sliding after the first summoning-glitch, and 5 frames were gained against Dracula.
  • Thanks to zggzdydp for helping me out the last time.

NesVideoAgent: Hi! I am a robot. I took a few screenshots of this movie and placed them here.

adelikat: Accepting for publication and processing.

TASVideoAgent
They/Them
Experienced Forum User, Moderator
Experienced Forum User
*kwinse Kartongs Alternate: LEVEL UP
<Zurreco> if so called professional players cant adapt to every playing field, theyre obviously not that great
Experienced Forum User, Skilled player (1012)
Ah, I thought you were working on the long run. The movement is good, but the run shows nothing new...
Experienced Forum User, Skilled player (1628)
Yeah that is being worked on but I found some new shit when doing this run = total redo from the beginning in that one :( EDIT: I basically found the totally random last 2 frames in the second room (Cleverly enough named "fall room") and had already messed up a frame in the Potion Room and 3 frames felt like too much to ignore.
Warp wrote:
omg lol this is so fake!!!1 the nes cant produce music like this!
Editor, Emulator Coder, Experienced Forum User, Skilled player (1744)
zggzdydp wrote:
The movement is good, but the run shows nothing new...
It's a new record, anyway. So yes.
<klmz> it reminds me of that people used to keep quoting adelikat's IRC statements in the old good days <adelikat> no doubt <adelikat> klmz, they still do
Active player, Editor, Experienced Forum User (289)
According to NesVideoAgent, chances are that you used the [t1] version with a "trainer", i.e. a hack ROM. However, possibility is also that NVA misidentified the ROM ― which is all possible because the file identification in the VBM format does not really outrule trainers. EDIT: Indeed, all of the following four ROMs match the identification in the movie file: ― Castlevania - Circle of the Moon (U) [t1].gba ― Castlevania - Circle of the Moon (U) [f1].gba ― Castlevania - Circle of the Moon (U) [!].gba ― Castlevania - Circle of the Moon (U) [f1][t1].gba Now, how would NVA distinguish them and pick the correct one for the movie? EDIT 2: Ok, resolved the issue in an unclean way: Comparing file names and *hoping* that [!] is a more likely "correct" ROM than a "[t]" or "[f]".
upthorn
He/Him
Active player, Emulator Coder, Experienced Forum User (375)
Bisqwit wrote:
EDIT: Indeed, all of the following four ROMs match the identification in the movie file: ― Castlevania - Circle of the Moon (U) [t1].gba ― Castlevania - Circle of the Moon (U) [f1].gba ― Castlevania - Circle of the Moon (U) [!].gba ― Castlevania - Circle of the Moon (U) [f1][t1].gba Now, how would NVA distinguish them and pick the correct one for the movie?
It should check against [!] roms first, because these are the ones that most commonly have the end brackets removed.
How fleeting are all human passions compared with the massive continuity of ducks.
Tompa
He/Him
Editor, Experienced Forum User, Skilled player (1973)
It's always a big LOL when I watch this type of run. Favorite part is, without a single doubt, the leveling up. And the beginning when they say "Keso", but I don't like Keso.... Yes vooote.
Experienced Forum User, Experienced player (854)
The leveling up... it... it just keeps going. I'd somehow never watched the glitched run of this game, so this was all new to me, and I liked it even though I had no idea what was going on (other than the killing of Dracula part). Anyway, yes.
Living Well Is The Best Revenge My Personal Page
Mitjitsu
He/Him
Banned User, Experienced player (508)
More leveling up action, it just doesn't get any better than this. Yes vote
Experienced Forum User, Skilled player (1628)
Bisqwit, the real ROM name was 0045 - Castlevania - Circle of the Moon (U)(Cezar).gba but I decided to remove the (Cezar)-line for some reason, this is the same ROM as I've been using for all of my CotM-TASes and I think the checksum matched the one that OgreSlayeR had in his. Kinda.
Warp wrote:
omg lol this is so fake!!!1 the nes cant produce music like this!
Post subject: Movie published
TASVideoAgent
They/Them
Experienced Forum User, Moderator
This movie has been published. The posts before this message apply to the submission, and posts after this message apply to the published movie. ---- [996] GBA Castlevania: Circle of the Moon "warp glitch" by Cardboard in 05:21.93