Note: This page is a work in progress and is still subject to change. Feel free to provide feedback in this forum thread.
"Standard" class publications are the vast majority of runs on TASVideos.
- Aims to fulfill the site's goal of being a Tool-Assisted Speedrun records site, as well as be an information based central repository for the body of TAS literature.
- Applicable Movie Rules.
- Must beat all known records, including other TASes.
- Must show a proficient understanding of TAS techniques and be perceived as well optimized: It should not have obvious pauses, mistakes, or sloppy play.
- If starting from a premade save file, a verification movie producing that save file is required.
- Fastest Completion - Also known as "any%". Fastest completion of a game using all available options, including major skip glitches (save/memory corruption, arbitrary code execution, etc).
- Forgoes Major Skip Glitch - Avoids major skips or the glitches that lead to them but otherwise aims for fastest completion.
- Full Completion - Fastest completion of all content in the game, without using glitches that trivialize this.
- Multiplayer - For games where you can control several character at once, up to 3 branches are allowed:
- Minimum players (usually 1)
- Maximum players (usually 2)
- Some other player count if it's faster than both of the above
- Score Attack - Highest attainable score in-game, assuming it is not infinite.
- In-Game Codes - Same as "Fastest Completion", but also allows in-game codes that add gameplay or in-game mechanics.
- SRAM-anchored runs - Game modes that are locked behind game completion, or categories that benefit from New Game+ carryover.
- SRAM runs are branched separately from any Power-On counterparts.
- Additional goals are under consideration and will be implemented incrementally.
Goals currently under consideration
- Warps - Fastest completion using intended warps or shortcuts. If major skip glitches are available in the game, avoiding them is allowed for this category.
- Warpless - Fastest completion without using intended shortcuts.
- This includes branches such as "all levels".
- More standard goals will be added in the future based on community feedback.
- Entertainment is always encouraged, though unnecessary, and will not affect the judgement of a run that otherwise qualifies.
- Speed/entertainment tradeoffs are allowed.