Posts for NameSpoofer


1 2
5 6
Experienced Forum User, Published Author
Joined: 6/3/2008
Posts: 136
Location: US
Super Metroid game end glitch abuses multiple save files so I wouldn't see it as an issue when it comes to publication.. and this type of game breaking is what leads to the coolest stuff in games.
Trained by Cpadolf. Mission: To Perfect. Hero says: Yeah bro, I almost went super saiyan once My SM-RBO Current Project(s): 1)I don't TAS anymore! Pay me!
Experienced Forum User, Published Author
Joined: 6/3/2008
Posts: 136
Location: US
There's an ultimate route that's just been recently created. The tests show it has beaten my run to Ridley by over minutes. Holy crap right?
Trained by Cpadolf. Mission: To Perfect. Hero says: Yeah bro, I almost went super saiyan once My SM-RBO Current Project(s): 1)I don't TAS anymore! Pay me!
Experienced Forum User, Published Author
Joined: 6/3/2008
Posts: 136
Location: US
Eye Of The Beholder wrote:
I watched NameSpoofer's run, but some time ago he said it could be faster with new tricks and a better route he was thinking about. Maybe he's already working on something... or not?
Currently, there is no faster route for the 14% speed/realtime any% than the one used in my run. There are most definitely improvements regarding some 1-framers and luck manipulation, I believe that was it though.
Trained by Cpadolf. Mission: To Perfect. Hero says: Yeah bro, I almost went super saiyan once My SM-RBO Current Project(s): 1)I don't TAS anymore! Pay me!
Experienced Forum User, Published Author
Joined: 6/3/2008
Posts: 136
Location: US
Cpadolf. Dedicated to insanity, forever and ever.
Trained by Cpadolf. Mission: To Perfect. Hero says: Yeah bro, I almost went super saiyan once My SM-RBO Current Project(s): 1)I don't TAS anymore! Pay me!
Experienced Forum User, Published Author
Joined: 6/3/2008
Posts: 136
Location: US
amaurea wrote:
In general, NameSpoofer is barely faster than the any% run (Taco & Kriole) in most rooms until the route difference starts to become an important factor.
It should be noted that the powerrangers aimed for realtime, and it is almost always faster for realtime to delay ingame/use slower room strats for door scrolling optimization. One example is the green brinstar early super missile room door entry. I gain more speed and jump right when I hit the transition. They jump high with lower speed to remove door scrolling, but land later (ingame) in the next room. Just thought I should point that out >.< Oh and, also fucking video!
Trained by Cpadolf. Mission: To Perfect. Hero says: Yeah bro, I almost went super saiyan once My SM-RBO Current Project(s): 1)I don't TAS anymore! Pay me!
Experienced Forum User, Published Author
Joined: 6/3/2008
Posts: 136
Location: US
I actually wouldn't mind just seeing the room strats vs Saturn. I will beat him to every room transition rofl, yet he will pwn me at Ridley, the metroids, and mother brain. :S
Trained by Cpadolf. Mission: To Perfect. Hero says: Yeah bro, I almost went super saiyan once My SM-RBO Current Project(s): 1)I don't TAS anymore! Pay me!
Experienced Forum User, Published Author
Joined: 6/3/2008
Posts: 136
Location: US
Not able to use the charge beam on eye doors in super metroid. =\
Trained by Cpadolf. Mission: To Perfect. Hero says: Yeah bro, I almost went super saiyan once My SM-RBO Current Project(s): 1)I don't TAS anymore! Pay me!
Experienced Forum User, Published Author
Joined: 6/3/2008
Posts: 136
Location: US
Nach wrote:
Regarding reaching the ghost ship. Was all those bomb jumps to avoid the Missile pack? Couldn't you jump off the side of the pedestal holding it?
100% required. Jumping off the side of the post would result in me picking them up.
Nach wrote:
Could Phantoon have been beaten quicker if you manipulated him to dropping refills closer to you?
No. Phantoon is programmed to only be hit by 3 missiles before disappearing. To perform the Doppler effect, you need a required amount of distance for an even spread to launch 19 missiles and a super to kill him.
Nach wrote:
For the long Mother Brain fight, how many charge beam shots would a Super Missile have saved? Since you could've gotten there with one more Super Missile have you not used it on the door monster, or killed the door monster, and then refilled your Missiles.
The backtrack to the missile station doesn't justify the time saved to have a super or 5 missiles for her. Glad you liked the run. :o
Trained by Cpadolf. Mission: To Perfect. Hero says: Yeah bro, I almost went super saiyan once My SM-RBO Current Project(s): 1)I don't TAS anymore! Pay me!
Experienced Forum User, Published Author
Joined: 6/3/2008
Posts: 136
Location: US
hero of the day wrote:
The beauty is seeing samus plow through all the rooms with great accuracy, using all available items.
We WOULD be using all items if we x-rayed, otherwise, it will just be that triangle looking thing at the top of the screen, never put to use. :)
hero of the day wrote:
I consider myself a bit of an expert on making SM routes.
OMFGWTFBBQ! THAT'S COCKY AND YOU HAVE THE ATTITUDE OF SATURN! GG. Anyways, I think we have our answer. :S It won't be used.
Trained by Cpadolf. Mission: To Perfect. Hero says: Yeah bro, I almost went super saiyan once My SM-RBO Current Project(s): 1)I don't TAS anymore! Pay me!
Experienced Forum User, Published Author
Joined: 6/3/2008
Posts: 136
Location: US
Right so, upon the completion of my 14% run, me and Cpadolf have decided to rape a new 100% realtime run. The question arises again: Should we use the x-ray? How would you guys feel about it. O.o The 3 major gains from the x-ray would include the gravity statue skip, MB skip, and big metriod skip, along with anything else we may find along the way.
Trained by Cpadolf. Mission: To Perfect. Hero says: Yeah bro, I almost went super saiyan once My SM-RBO Current Project(s): 1)I don't TAS anymore! Pay me!
Experienced Forum User, Published Author
Joined: 6/3/2008
Posts: 136
Location: US
Daniel, Lord Bahamut wrote:
Ridley was actually pretty good. Yes it took longer than normal due to lack of beams, but I still found it interesting. Mother Brain was a bit of a drag, but I got to see her attack patterns over the whole range of health. Not to mention the zebetite bypass method, which I'd never seen before. And the ammunition management was entertaining to me, since he only had to stop twice (thrice?) to collect ammo.
Yeah Ridley required me to actually move around and such due to the battle style, but I couldn't do much at mother brain regardless, as turning around would have lost frames. The charge beam timer stops while Samus is turning around. I did have Saturn create a very cool AVI file of the Ridley fight, with epic music added with the beats lined up to the shots. (Most anyways...) It turned out much better than anticipated, and is a sick film. http://www.mediafire.com/?donmnkymmmm
Trained by Cpadolf. Mission: To Perfect. Hero says: Yeah bro, I almost went super saiyan once My SM-RBO Current Project(s): 1)I don't TAS anymore! Pay me!
Experienced Forum User, Published Author
Joined: 6/3/2008
Posts: 136
Location: US
Kriole wrote:
Please realise you created this run for others, not for yourself. This is in no way your achievement alone; your work has been derived from someone who has done it before, thus the list of people who have helped you create your run, without actually working on it, is pretty long. Try to be humble.
The hell? That was an opinion statement being settled, Comical finds the boss fights boring, I do not. I'm pretty sure I thanked the people who helped out in this run, and your logic here makes no sense to the argument you directed it to.
Kriole wrote:
You're forgetting the fact that we're all TASers, not just the ones who play Super Metroid. We all strive for perfection; single frame timesavers do matter.
And you're forgetting that I ONCE AGAIN directed that towards the General Viewer. And no, not everyone here is a TASer. There are plenty of lurkers who roam this site for its fantastic runs, and nothing more. Why are you trying to pull bullshit arguments out of you're ass? Because I noted improvements in you're run? Are you offended?
Kriole wrote:
That is to be expected, so I doubt you need to include that in the submission text. I even told you to remove this line, considering that people will be bothered by it.
1)I'm pretty sure I don't need to be told what to do. 2)It may bother some people, but not others. Why would it bother you? Because it's a slightly cocky statement? Since when is being cocky a bad thing.
Kriole wrote:
Also, did you test the improved Phantoon fight with just 1 missile pack? And what about the new Big Metroid skip? I think it's very arrogant to say that you're going to skip testing it because you don't think the run will be published, especially when stating that this is the best optimized run so far.
Have you tested the Kraid before Lower Norfair? Me and Taco did. Yes, try talking to him about it, since you apparently can't accept improvements from me. And, as I stated earlier, there will always be flaws to every run. Again, more bullshit arguments.
Kriole wrote:
You rushed your run too, leaving 'quite a bit of' frames behind in the escape. This 'route flaw' is just a blind assumption, without any regards to refills. I'm willing to accept this improvement as soon as I've seen it in action. Other than that, we did assume it to be slower because of several slowdowns in both LN and Norfair. Saying that it's 3.5 seconds faster not regarding other factors is just stupid, and I'm surprised you even mentioned this even after we've talked about it on MSN.
Me and Taco confirmed it a while back. It is no blind assumption. You should try talking to your partner, as we incorporated refills based off my run. And yes, we did indeed discuss it in MSN, and it ended in you asking where the refills where come from, and me saying I had more to refill and I managed it. And I did no such thing as rushing. Where are the frames in the escape you speak of? I know that you didn't optimize the escape for realtime, as you would have looked at Cpadolf's 100% run. And if I missed 'quite a bit' of frames, how does that compare to your run? We can start at Draygon's door by manipulating the camera for realtime favor. Did you test the mockball strat in pre-botwoon? It was used in Hero's any%v1. ~15 frames there. What about the ceiling door in the big grapple room? Yet another ~10 frames. I won't bother mentioning anything lower than those counts tho, as that goes back to flaws being in every run. Your golden pirate and post room strat? 35 frames. I even told you what I had accomplished, and all you could say was it wouldn't work for you. In fact, that's basically what you say to every improvement I mention to you. Of course, I'm going to stop this, as listing frame counts is just stupid. You're still my good buddy, but you need to get off your period.
Trained by Cpadolf. Mission: To Perfect. Hero says: Yeah bro, I almost went super saiyan once My SM-RBO Current Project(s): 1)I don't TAS anymore! Pay me!
Experienced Forum User, Published Author
Joined: 6/3/2008
Posts: 136
Location: US
Comicalflop wrote:
So the power ranger's recent any% doesn't deserve a mention?
While they did an amazing job, they rushed the last part of the run, leaving quite a number of frames behind. The route flaw is also worth mentioning here. I'd rather not continue on.
Comicalflop wrote:
When you talk about how difficult the run was to make, you're asking people to commend you for the hard work you paid off. I showed 4 examples where you did this.
When I talk about how difficult the run was to make, I am talking about how difficult it was to make. It was very tedious and time consuming. Uh oh, there's a 5th instance, quickly, add it to your arsenal of fail!
Comicalflop wrote:
I do have my own opinion on what's entertaining to me. Super Metroid fails to fit in it.
Then state that and quit criticizing/stating how I act, my attitude, what I am or not doing, deserving of, and how I state things. Gtfo.
Comicalflop wrote:
Show me a super metroid run where people don't care about every single frame that can be saved. The TASers of Super Metroid have this tendency to compete against each other over subpixels. Don't tell me no one cares about 1 frame savers in Super Metroid, "the game that the TASers uber optimize the most rawr".
NameSpoofer wrote:
general viewer
This is fun buddy. :D
Trained by Cpadolf. Mission: To Perfect. Hero says: Yeah bro, I almost went super saiyan once My SM-RBO Current Project(s): 1)I don't TAS anymore! Pay me!
Experienced Forum User, Published Author
Joined: 6/3/2008
Posts: 136
Location: US
funnyhair wrote:
Plus with all the dashes, you dash at a wall and stay there under the boost for a bit, would you let go a little bit earlier so that you go to the same place, but you don't waste frames by not moving?
What exactly are you talking about?
Trained by Cpadolf. Mission: To Perfect. Hero says: Yeah bro, I almost went super saiyan once My SM-RBO Current Project(s): 1)I don't TAS anymore! Pay me!
Experienced Forum User, Published Author
Joined: 6/3/2008
Posts: 136
Location: US
Comicalflop wrote:
I have a few problems with the attitude given in the submission.
O Rly?
Comicalflop wrote:
If you had read the posts about Saturn's run, you'd see why the Ice route wasn't published, but merely added in addition to another publication. Just because this one does the same thing but with one different item doesn't increase your odds at all, especially since you seem to have adopted Saturn's behavior.
Just stop right there. Pretty sure I did follow that thread. The category got obsoleted by the glitched any/low%, and the optimization level was from 2 years ago. Adopting his behavior? What the fuck?
Comicalflop wrote:
One of the best recommendations I can give to you is to avoid mimicking Saturn's behavior as much as possible. You just said it's the most optimal run, not including the frame savers that exist.
While I appreciate your amazing recommendations, I think I'll do without. Tho, I should probably add that the only other run that has the same level optimization is Cpadolf's recent glitched any/low%. And every run will have frames missing. Period. Once again, we see the behavior statement.
Comicalflop wrote:
No run should ever get sympathy votes because of how difficult it was to TAS.
I don't believe I asked for it, maybe you should re-read the submission text eh? I stated my thoughts of the difficulty of this run, and hoped that you would enjoy it.
Comicalflop wrote:
I am not a super metroid freak, and none of us non metroid freaks will ever understand why a change in route or one different item or whatever is more entertaining or not.
So you're unable to create your own opinion on what's entertaining to you? Rofl.
Comicalflop wrote:
The game all looks the same! I have never played it before! I can't tell if you did one segment 1 frame faster!
Why exactly would the general viewer care about 1-framers..?
Comicalflop wrote:
The only noticeable difference in this compared to other runs is the boss fights, and this contains the slowest boss fights of any run. I had to hold turbo throughout the entire ridley and mother brain fight just to get through them.
Yes, you had to hold turbo. I didn't.
Trained by Cpadolf. Mission: To Perfect. Hero says: Yeah bro, I almost went super saiyan once My SM-RBO Current Project(s): 1)I don't TAS anymore! Pay me!
Experienced Forum User, Published Author
Joined: 6/3/2008
Posts: 136
Location: US
Yes, the idea I discussed in depth with Moozooh is to let there be 4 categories for Super Metroid: -100% (realtime/ingame, same route) -Any% (new realtime route good for ingame) -Glitched Any/Low% (ingame/realtime, same route) -Either the 14% runs or the RBO, I personally choose RBO. But yeah... That's the idea. O.o They are all completely different with separate routes and goals, all entertaining in their own fashion.
Trained by Cpadolf. Mission: To Perfect. Hero says: Yeah bro, I almost went super saiyan once My SM-RBO Current Project(s): 1)I don't TAS anymore! Pay me!
Experienced Forum User, Published Author
Joined: 6/3/2008
Posts: 136
Location: US
EEssentia wrote:
o_O No, just nonsensical, inefficient languages...
Gah! I can't seem to understand how to play super mario bros! It is obviously an un-playable game that makes absolutely no sense at all.
Nach wrote:
Really now?
The actual purpose of that example was to understand and utilize the string buffer in a simple manner. From class, ofc. Get some. :)
Trained by Cpadolf. Mission: To Perfect. Hero says: Yeah bro, I almost went super saiyan once My SM-RBO Current Project(s): 1)I don't TAS anymore! Pay me!
Experienced Forum User, Published Author
Joined: 6/3/2008
Posts: 136
Location: US
EEssentia wrote:
Oh, I so hate Java... and C#.
You hate life?! Oh noeee!!
Trained by Cpadolf. Mission: To Perfect. Hero says: Yeah bro, I almost went super saiyan once My SM-RBO Current Project(s): 1)I don't TAS anymore! Pay me!
Experienced Forum User, Published Author
Joined: 6/3/2008
Posts: 136
Location: US
Mix it up eh? Post some C# and Java lines. I'm currently taking these 2 classes so give me a reason to be on here during class. :P
public class Test {
   public static void main(String[] args) {
     String s = "Java";
     StringBuffer buffer = new StringBuffer(s);
     change(buffer);
     System.out.println(buffer);
   }

   private static void change(StringBuffer buffer) {
     buffer.append(" and C#");
   }
}
<3
Trained by Cpadolf. Mission: To Perfect. Hero says: Yeah bro, I almost went super saiyan once My SM-RBO Current Project(s): 1)I don't TAS anymore! Pay me!
Experienced Forum User, Published Author
Joined: 6/3/2008
Posts: 136
Location: US
Awesome run Cp, you retain your rep as king of entertainment, enjoyed it a lot.
Trained by Cpadolf. Mission: To Perfect. Hero says: Yeah bro, I almost went super saiyan once My SM-RBO Current Project(s): 1)I don't TAS anymore! Pay me!
Experienced Forum User, Published Author
Joined: 6/3/2008
Posts: 136
Location: US
If you abuse the morph/unmorph you can retain the bluesuit after jumping. And 1 re-record every 20 seconds, sometimes I do more than that, and other times no, so I'd say yes that does seem correct in my case. Can't say the same for everyone else tho. I always find myself needed double the amount of savestates available. >.>
Trained by Cpadolf. Mission: To Perfect. Hero says: Yeah bro, I almost went super saiyan once My SM-RBO Current Project(s): 1)I don't TAS anymore! Pay me!
Experienced Forum User, Published Author
Joined: 6/3/2008
Posts: 136
Location: US
Gasp. Epic moment. Awesome SMV, I missed the reverrse-kago elevator (shocked me), getting through taking only 50 dmg. Ironically, it is only 1 frame faster and saves 15 energy. >.< The only "flaw" I consider in this run is doing kraid before LN, losing around ~3.5 seconds. Still a yes vote despite this simply because of the hassle and how inferior it is. Few-framers are not worth pointing out at all, as they don't matter because they can be deducted to necessary refill delays/manipulation.
Trained by Cpadolf. Mission: To Perfect. Hero says: Yeah bro, I almost went super saiyan once My SM-RBO Current Project(s): 1)I don't TAS anymore! Pay me!
Experienced Forum User, Published Author
Joined: 6/3/2008
Posts: 136
Location: US
Thinking about that idea does seem like it would work, however, it's good to know the run category ammo/energy status and equipment before investing time into it, which leads me to the next sentence in this post. I don't really think it's worth testing because of these restrictions: realtime any% - No speedboster ingame any% - Has SJ, and SJ-ing is fast as shit through these rooms Both the 100%(cp's used) and 14%(passed this section) don't have any energy to spare, by almost a full tank. RBO maybe, didn't look at mine or Kriole's to check strat used or energy at that point. I had SJ anyways. May of missed something important, but that would, 110%, be Kriole's fault.
Trained by Cpadolf. Mission: To Perfect. Hero says: Yeah bro, I almost went super saiyan once My SM-RBO Current Project(s): 1)I don't TAS anymore! Pay me!
Experienced Forum User, Published Author
Joined: 6/3/2008
Posts: 136
Location: US
Eye Of The Beholder wrote:
I'm not trying to bring back from the dead anything, i was just thinking about that because i really like cpadolf's 100% speedrun and as a "no x-ray run" was obsoleted by a "x-ray run" i've been thinking if it could happen to a 100% run too.
Rightfully it should, as the glitched any% took away the 14% lows. I am working really hard on the 14% speed run as an attempt to win back those two catagories with superior optimization and entertainment, or do a 100% run with x-ray abuse and obselete Cp's run. >.<
Moozooh wrote:
because X-Ray glitching sucks.
You forgot the rest of that sentence, allow me: Because X-Ray glitching sucks the long dick of extreme awesomeness
Trained by Cpadolf. Mission: To Perfect. Hero says: Yeah bro, I almost went super saiyan once My SM-RBO Current Project(s): 1)I don't TAS anymore! Pay me!
Experienced Forum User, Published Author
Joined: 6/3/2008
Posts: 136
Location: US
I fucking love this thread. Gogo MrGrunz the Zelda God!
Trained by Cpadolf. Mission: To Perfect. Hero says: Yeah bro, I almost went super saiyan once My SM-RBO Current Project(s): 1)I don't TAS anymore! Pay me!
1 2
5 6