TODO: Update this page for new site
New site todos (todo clean this up, just putting these here in the meantime)
- Improve System/SearchTerms, this is the page that is embedded on /Search and could include more examples
- remove references to PublicationsFromNewestToOldest and delete page in favor of Movies-List with sort and limit parameters
This page documents various projects that have been suggested for the site. If you are looking to help, this is a good place to look for ideas.
Table of contents
If you want to help with wiki pages, you will need to be an editor. If you have a project in mind, contact an admin assistant or site admin with details and you will probably be granted editor access.
Various page TODOs
- Many pages which refer to this TODO page have changes which the editors feel could be made. Be aware that some pages (such as ArticleIndex) link to TODO but not for this reason.
Adopt the orphans
- Pages with no links to them, as well as non-existent pages linked from somewhere are found in Wiki Orphans; links to these pages should be added elsewhere. This is an ongoing problem. It is HIGHLY encouraged that all staff & editors participate in keeping these Orphans fixed.
If you know a game well, write a page about it. It is as simple as that.
- Write missing pages (LawsOfTAS) detailing the implementation of rerecording, from a coding perspective. This needs to include movie format specifications, including pros and cons of various methods already tried. Also should include the "bullet proof" rerecording logic. All aspects that are required for TASVideos acceptance should be explained clearly as well as detailing how to achieve these results.
Pages in bad need of improving
- All tools linked should be uploaded to the TASTools repository instead (and linked to it).
"Game Ideas" list
We need a good way of generating such a list. So far all ideas have been impractical or neglected.
Some changes here need Staff access or above.
In this forum thread ... plan and implement the changing of all movie files to something that makes more sense.
- Staff need access to be able to modify movie file names.
Bisqwit: Domainwise, Japan is the third biggest group of visitors of this site. I like that. Unfortunately, not many of the Japanese understand English very well. It has been my long time aim to ease the usability of this site for Japanese users. Unfortunately, so far I haven't managed to invent/plan a way to support alternate language versions of pages on this site. But maybe something could be done about it.
Users with cataloging permissions can set the system and game (often creating new game entries) for users files. See UserFiles/Uncataloged