From the opposite side of the usual formula of breaking a game to reach the credits as fast as possible, Saturn finishes Chrono Trigger in a single pass while trying to get as much done as possible without glitching the game out and spending too much time grinding. Consequently this video actually looks like an otherwise normal playthrough by an extremely skilled player.
This run aims for maximal completion within reasonable constraints that don't sacrifice entertainment too much. This includes:
- All forms of Spekkio except the highest level (Pink Nu) are defeated
- All Tabs (stat upgrade items) that do not respawn are collected
- All characters' Techs are learned
- All the sidequests mentioned by Gaspar are completed (to the point he no longer mentions them)
- At least 1 of every equipable item is collected
It isn't technically possible to do everything possible in Chrono Trigger without New Game+ and resetting a few times, but this run aims to get most of it done.
Some very heavy experience grinding occurs between 2:16:45 and 2:26:18. Viewers may wish to skip through this segment of the video.