TASVideos Wiki ArticleIndex revamp - Originally was a list of links organized for TASers
List used to create new ArticleIndex
- Glossary <-- https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Glossary_of_video_game_terms
- EncodingGuide/VideoDumping - Requires ffmpeg for BizHawk 2.6.2: Go to File >
- TASingGuide <-- This page should be slightly reformatted to focus on primarily on TASing and ideally moving TASVideos relevant links into this page.
Should include these 2 pages:
- GenericTips <-- This page should be broken down while preserving original content like the tutorial videos
- The original purpose of this page was to have a single page with all relevant links categorized instead of ArticleIndex's tabs method, which disables CTRL+F.
- Later I decided to avoid it because the site has a good searching function, so instead with logical and reasonable orders and formatting, revamping the ArticleIndex to be more useful and organized. Might result in 1-1 duplicates because of the overlapping interest for different TASers (encoders, judges, staff, TASers etc)
- add more links especially from or to Links
- add elaboration where required
- consider merging relevant TAS creation links Lab and Tools to TASing Guide
Article Index Revamp
A collection of articles on TASVideos, about the site, movie watching and making, editing, and publication work.
Not all articles are listed here. To find articles that are not listed here, go through the links.
For information related to specific games, check out Game Resources.
- Welcome To TASVideos
- Newcomer Corner
- Site Rules - These apply to the forums and site in general.
- Log In - Must be registered first.
- Site History
- Site Technology
- Links - Includes links to TASVideos groups on video hosting sites.
- Discord Server
- IRC Channel
- Forum Markup
- Movies by criteria - Main Movie page with starting points for finding movies in different categories.
- Classes - Information about the classes that the movies on the site are included in.
- Stars - Information related to Star movies.
- Platforms - Information on all rerecordable platforms including information about the emulators and movie lists
- Console Verified Movies - Playing back TAS movies on original hardware (or at least attempting to).
- Movie Tag Guidelines - Information about the movie tags that movies are categorized under.
- Voting Guidelines - Tips for effective voting on submissions and movie ratings.
- Rating - Rate the movies you have watched
- Applications - Applications & plug-ins for easily browsing and viewing TASVideos content from your home theater, cell phone, and more.
- Downloads - Is there missing sound or video in MP4/MKV? Links to common Media Players.
- Desync Help - What to do if it doesn't play back properly in emulator.
- Movie Statistics
- Movie Tokens - tips to generate your own movie list pages
- TASing Guide - Overall manual
- Submission Instructions - Read this before submitting a movie
- TAS Desync Help - Important to avoid broken movies.
- TODO TASSS Troubleshooting sheet
- List of Ideas - If you need an idea for a game to TAS.
- Movie file storage for WIPs
- Forum WIP thread
- Input File Editing
- Lua Scripting
- Memory Search - Useful for finding exact positions, health, and other game data.
- Platforms - List of all rerecordable platforms and links to emulators and movies
- Platform Framerates - A list of framerates used for each platform to determine movie timing.
- RAM Search
- RAM Watch
- Reverse Engineering
- Boss Fighting Guide
- Common Tricks
- Luck Manipulation
- Route Planning
- TASingGuide#VideoTutorials - Video lessons
- Recent Changes - Changes on articles and movie descriptions.
- Editor Guidelines
- Games How To - Documentation on using the Game Editor
- Text Formatting Rules - Mark-up used on this site.
- Translations - Wiki pages translated to various lagnuages.
- Sand Box - Any registered user can edit this page.
- List Of Modules
- Wiki Orphans - Pages that are not linked to.
- Accepted submissions - Movies ready for publication
- Publication Manual - The most recent all-in-one Guide
- Encoder Guidelines
- Encoding Guide
- Streaming Media